There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The best things about Charlie...the worst thing

He was the best back seat navigator, he always left a doggie kiss for me on the window, he made quiet smellies when a certain person came over to visit, he loved the kitties, ignored the kitties, loved Violet.....well, sometimes he loved her, but he really did love Penelope before he got sick, loved Christmas music, always woke up when I couldn't sleep and kept me company, let me use his tummy for a nap pillow, never got upset when I yelled...he just laid down and took a deep breath, hated the water just like me, posed for pictures, never drooled on me, loved me unconditionally.

The worst thing.......he got old and sick and I couldn't make him better no matter how hard I tried.

1 comment:

gina said...

That's the part about having pets I hate....they get old and sick before we do...and it's so hard to let them go. I feel your pain and heartache....