There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Gobble, gobble, gobble. Happy Thanksgiving to all.


Real turkeys in the yard this Thanksgiving stuffing themselves on fallen seeds and grubs under the soil. We started with 17 and are down to two jakes that love to chase each other and makes messes everywhere.
I have much to be thankful for this year and like millions of other American bloggers, I want to list a few of those blessings.....not exactly original but necessary.
I have the best husband in the world; loving, forgiving, generous, kind and tolerant of this old lady.
My children have grown into magnificent adults no thanks to me I am sorry to say, but in spite of me. They have acheived many of their goals, love me regardless of their childhood experiences and have given me the most wonderful grandchildren anyone could have!
I have adorable, affectionate and loyal kitties and doggies. They are my comapnions, friends and good listeners. Violet our little crazy poodle, Penelope our sweet grateful fluffy dog, Drake, Fuzz, Mimi and Sophie and all of the wildlife enrich my life immensely.
I live in the most beautiful spot in the world. I am surrounded by huge, stately trees, glorious mountains, weather the way mother nature intended it to be (although I do question her decision about winter sometimes) and a simple quiet that has been good for my soul.
I have a few good friends; the kind that keep my secrets, give me good advice, help me to grow and call me just because they like to hear my voice..... or want to read my blog. I have one local blog reader/friend that is also my Library mentor and amazingly another blog reader across the pond. I was given a gift with Molly.
I love books. I love the written word. I love music; the melodies and the message. I love to sit on the couch like I did as a kid and read, eat sunflower seeds until my mouth puckers and hurts and drink soda. What greater pleasure is there? Well, I guess there are a few other pleasures, but this one is close to the top of the list.
I have traveled to some fabulous places on this earth....Ireland, The United Kingdom, Jamaica, Hawaii, and my family's place of origin...Italy and Sicily. I have learned about, shopped, gazed upon and eaten in some of the most splendid and celebrated places....and met some great people.
So, for these and all of the other things that make up my life and have made me rosemary, I am thankful.
Yes, I will go off the disgusting diet that is NOT listed here as a blessing on Thanksgiving Day and happily gorge on roast duck, stuffing, corn bread, fruit compote smothered in wine, and drink the afternoon away and reminisce of Thanksgivings past.

1 comment:

celerman said...

Happy Thanksgiving (whatever thanksgiving is). As an English guy it's as foreign as cricket.

Thanks for the book selections. I read Sula and Beloved a long time ago. I might just go and try The bluest eye.