There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, November 07, 2006

More of....


Sons.....grew up too fast, drove too fast, crashed a car, borrowed my car, drank too much, admitted every mistake he ever made and was truly sorry, used his fine mind, paid for his second round at a university, became more handsome than I could have imagined, appreciated all of the sacrifices I made, kept his room fairly clean, is sensitive, calls me every week, trusts me, married a nice woman and gave me sweet babies to love beyond words, made lemonade with bike wheels, saved his father from himself, has a real sense of what is important in life.....son.... you are the reason I live.

Granddaughter and grandson.....you are the image of your daddy, you are wild, independent, sweet, yell in the phone, love violets, breathe in my ear when you call, leave me sweet messages....yes, even the crying is sweet, are growing too fast.....grandchildren....I miss you more than I can express...you make me cry with happiness and longing.

2 comments:

gina said...

Grandchildren should not be allowed to live more than 100 miles from their grandparents. It's cruel and unusual punishment for the grandparents.

As for sons, I feel ya... you KNOW how much I adore mine. He IS my reason for living.

celerman said...

How do you make lemonade with bike wheels?