There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, January 12, 2007

Baby it's cold outside!

















Hard to read I know, but I hope you can see that thermometer showing MINUS 6. Yep, that was the temp at 7 AM when we were forced by Sophie, whining and taking turns sitting on our heads, to get out of bed. I am sure it was colder at 5 AM...but we were really lazy today. It is lovely outside; the sun is out and not a whisper of a cloud in the sky. It should get up to a blamy 12 today, down to 7 tonight and then warm up by Monday. This window is in the kitchen and it is an old window that is not a double pane...can you see the ice on the metal??? I don't feel one bit sorry for Californians. We talked to our son this morning and he was complaining about it being 29 last night...poor baby.

1 comment:

JessnBekahsmom said...

Okay, okay, sorry. I shouldn't complain. I guess being in the great north has its disadvantages. It is beautiful there, I am sure, but -6? Girlfriend, what were you thinking?

I found your little town on Google. It seems to be the upper end of nowhere! Sounds wonderful. I guess in August, when it is 118 here, you can smile and tell me how nice it is at your place. For right now, I shall enjoy my 14.