There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, March 16, 2007

My son called me last night to see how I was feeling. He is a 7th grade math teacher in Southern California. He teaches in a really low income district and has had a tough year so far with the kids and state funding. He is also a pro bike rider as in bicycles and is looking forward to riding every day of Spring break, spending time with his children and wife and getting their kitchen back together after a re-model. Spring break for me??? I'll be lucky to go from the chaise to the shower. This virus must have taken steroids because it is a really strong something or other....and yes, I did have my flu shot. A pic of my son is below.

4 comments:

kenju said...

I guess you'll just have to stay on that comfy chaise for a few more days. Might as well give in to it - it won't go away until it runs the course. Sorry, Rosemary.

JessnBekahsmom said...

It's a bad mammer jammer. But the flu shot won't help with this cold! :-( Hope you feel better soon! :-)

Sandy said...

The budget on school funding in this state is a scandal - for a progressive blue state we're failing our teachers and students.
So sorry you're still not well. My husband swears hot milk poured over buttered toast will cure anything but I've always thought that's what would make one sick.

Middle Child said...

You had a flu shot. Ahem!


JUst our opinion, but we know a lot of Quads (Quadriplegics) and none of them ever have a flu shot because they cannot afford the even small dose of flu that the flu shot seems to deliver as thay have no ability to cough. Don has never had one much to his dickwitch of a GP's consternation...up to you but maybe next winter and all the time consider having a dialy dose of good quality powdered Vit C at least 3,000mgs a day...I have that daily and more if I feel a cold or flu coming on...

have your flu shot if you must but think about protecting yourself from big pharma..
there is no moneyto be made in well people, or dead people but sick people ahhh the bucks roll in.

go onto the net one day and type in "prescription for disaster"a Dvd by Dr Gary Null