There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, April 28, 2007

Big wheels keep on turnin'

Recently Craig & Diane posted a comment on one of my posts. They have a wonderful blog of their adventures driving a big rig. Check it out. My dad was a long haul trucker almost all of his life. Here he is with his big rig...I had blogged about him in the past and described his usual choice of clothes.....Chambray shirt, cuffed pants for his cigar ashes and his driving cap tilted just enough for him to look cool. If you look carefully I am in the driver seat of the truck. Wasn't my dad just absolutely awesome?

8 comments:

Sling said...

Pops is TOTALLY awesome!
People like him built this country. :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Wonderful photo, my friedn who is like a mum to me was married for 45 years to her "truckie" hubby. He spent alot of time away driving interstate and she brought up 3 sons almost always on her own.
Those boys loved their dad for the hard work and hours spend making money so they could have the roof that was over their head.

Joan said...

Wow...that is one cool photo of your father. I wonder where those huge pipes were going and what they were used for.

kenju said...

That's a HUGE truck! How old were you in that pic?


YYou can get into Michele;'s through Bloglines; www.bloglines.com

Paul said...

Cool photo. It goes along with your "memories" post just below it. There's something quite interesting about your dad's truck. See the turn signal just behind the door? Inside the cab, the driver pulled a chain that made the turn signal get horizontal for a left turn. When he pulled harder, the signal went almost straight up to indicate a right turn. Yes, I remember those days.

Paul said...

...And hey, thanks! I'm going to bookmark Craig and Diane's blog. Nice one.

Chandler said...

That is too cool :)

Jennie said...

What an awesome picture - awesome truck, awesome dad.