There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A friendship poem

The neighbor that used to live right next door (10 acres away) moved last summer and we have missed having their family close by. She sent me this "poem" with a note about missing me....I thought it was pretty funny.



“Real Friendship”(With none of that Sissy Crap!!!!)Are you tired of those sissy "friendship" poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you that way.

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you finally got laid.

4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want to catch whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

9. This is my oath..... I pledge it to the end. "Why?" you may ask ?, "Because you are my friend".

Remember....when life hands you Lemons, get some tequila and salt and call me!!

10 comments:

jan said...

Finally, my idea of a true friend!!!

Jennie said...

We're blessed to have ones like this!

kenju said...

Yeah, this is a lot better than those sissy poems.....LOL. But I say (along with Maxine) when life hands you lemons, stick them in your bra!

Joan said...

What can I say...a poem that REALLY describes what a friend is all about! :~)

Chandler said...

Hehe that's very cute!

Dan said...

when life hands you Lemons, get some tequila and salt and call me!!

Absolutely! Sometimes lemonade just doesn't cut it!

Ex-Shammickite said...

Great sentiments for a true friendship expressed here! But I think lemons in your bra would be very uncomfortable.... not enough room in mine!!

Journeying Forward said...

This is great! It made my day. Thanks for posting it.

CRAIG & DIANE said...

This was so great I had to send it along to my two best friends. Thanks for leaving me a message on my blog. I enjoy reading yours as part of my daily ritual while on the highways and biways of life!

singh said...

Dear,Friend

you'r my friend and that is true,
but the gift was given from me to you.
we went thru moments that were good and bad,
even moments that were happy and sad.
you suported me when i was in tears,..............

Pkeas Visit for More.......
Here is alot of Poems
http://desidirectory.com/desi-indian-Poems/Default.asp