There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, April 27, 2007

Looking over my shoulder...




I was driving home yesterday after running a few errands and had CSN&Y Deja Vu playing. I was reminiscing about lots of things...


Does anyone remember boatneck blouses?


Remember when crop pants were called peddle pushers?


45 RPM record players that had an auto drop feature...really advanced technology for the time!

How about 78 RPM records?


8 track players???


Viet Nam Missing and POW bracelets?


Getting your boyfriend's class ring and making it fit by putting a "blob" on the back of dental floss and glue?


Skating with clamp on skates that required a key?


Just plain old Padded Bra's?


Wearing matching sweaters and kick pleat skirts?


Sock hops anyone?


Love In's?


Poodle skirts....and yes I had one!


Saddle oxfords?


Doctor bag purses with your name engraved in gold on the side?


Butler Brothers Fine Clothing? Calling Montgomery Wards Monkey Wards?


When nurses wore caps and all white uniforms?


Bronzing baby shoes?


Those door to door picture packages that cost a bundle and you never filled up the free album?


Mope Heads?


Cruising?


Drive In Movies? Driving off with the speaker still attached to your car?


Country Club Malt Beer?


Just wondering if anyone else is as old as me!

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

I remember almost all of those things. I was too young to have a poodle skirt, though, more's the pity, but my paternal grandma had one.

kenju said...

I remember all of those except that last named beer. I didn't have a poodle skirt - in fact - I don't think I knew anyone who did.

Chandler said...

Awww I am sorry to say that I did not recognize as much on that list as I'd hoped, but most of it sounds like a lot of fun!! :)

Rhea said...

I was too young for poodle skirt, but I do remember 8-tracks.

Joan said...

I would say I sadly remember most of them (does that make me old) but how can I be sad? I'm lucky just to remember anything these days! :~)

Sling said...

I remember ALL of those!
My older sis had a poodle skirt.
The first record I ever bought was a 45 RPM version of "Sugar Shack",which dropped sweetly onto the turntable thanks to the automatic changer.
We used to "Cruise the Strand" (Pacific Coast Hiway) as teenagers...Ummm...I mean...No,..I'm not that old..

jan said...

No matter what other life accomplishment I have this is right up there: I still have in my jewelry box my skate key. Really. .

seventh sister said...

I may still have the MIA bracelet somewhere. The first song I ever wrote was about the name on my bracelet.

Talk to the Bronze Shoe Guy said...

Lots of moms are still having their baby shoes bronzed. Baby sneakers, too. Just thought you'd like to know.

www.abcbronze.com