There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Sunday, April 15, 2007

Me, me, me

I'm still boring as ever so I thought I'd bore you even more and blog some things about just self-centered old me......things you may or may not know.

I was born, raised and lived within 25 miles of my birth city until 1998. Then moved to the snow not away from it!!

I have one sibling; a brother that I haven't seen or talked to since 3 months after our mother died.

I have been married 4 times; once to my high school love....an alcoholic to this minute and we have 2 children; twice to my second husband making him my 2nd and 3rd husband and we have one child....he added drug use to his alcoholism; married for the last time to Steve the most decent man I have ever known. I am a slow learner.

I have 6 grandchildren from my 3 kids, I have 4 step-children and an additional 4 grandchildren from them......Steve and I don't separate them except for explanation purposes.

I went to Catholic grammar school, public high school, married before I officially graduated from high school but did graduate. I have 2 Bachelor degrees and some classes towards my Master's but never finished. I loved college but hated every day of any schooling before that. High school was hell for me.

My father was a truck driver and my mom was a stay at home mother who cheated on my dad....3 times that I know of because she didn't hide it from me just from my dad and brother. I wish with all my heart I had just a half an hour more with each of my parents. I went through 7 old answering machine tapes just to see if there were messages from my mom on them.....there were none.

I played the accordion until I was a sophomore in high school and taught 6 year old kids how to play a 12 bass. I hated the accordion and can't play one single note on it now.

I once sang well enough to be in Jr. Glee then the acapella choir in high school.

Every Saturday when I was in grammar school I took the Mooney-Sixth bus uptown and went to the movies. By myself.

As a teenager my favorite thing to do was watch Deanna Durbin and Jane Powell movies at home, read, eat sunflower seeds and drink coke....all at the same time.

As an old lady my favorite thing to do is watch movies at home, read, eat sunflower seeds and drink diet coke....all at the same time.

I am a voracious reader, movie watcher, music listener, and blogger.

I could eat a cheeseburger-lite onions-fries-and-a-chocolate-shake every day.

My favorite ice cream is plain old chocolate.

I clean my house every day as in vacuum, dust and wash my floors. Every day.

I walk my dogs every day.

I loved cats late in life.

I had a pet duck when I was 7. His name was Chub.

I loved to roller skate as a kid.

I cry easily.

I am a natural bitch...I don't have to work at it at all.

I was a natural blond until I was 5 or 6.

My hair...which I hate....went from cute and curly as a toddler to brown and eventually fuzzy by the time I was in 8th grade.

I am extremely self conscious.

I don't do well with public speaking.

I have written 3 children's books but don't know what to do with them.

I always wanted to be a doctor.

I have fairly recent African American/Black ancestors and have the pictures to prove it....

I am proud to be Italian.

I could live in the Library.

I would give anything to live closer to my children.

I have never had a lot of friends...I only have 2 good friends now one and of them probably doesn't know I consider her a good friend.

I am loud.

I have a horribly annoying laugh.

I have my dad's ears and hands.

I don't take baths; I am afraid of the water and can't swim...thus no baths.

I love to get in the car with the dogs and just drive.....anywhere.

I went to a ton of concerts during the 60's and 70's and never smoked pot.

I don't drink.

My favorite color is blue.

I think about the accident that almost killed Steve every single day.

I was a breech birth and had colic for 6 weeks.

I have great rhythm but can't dance...I lead.

I sunburn horribly but since I am afraid of the water I don't have to worry about sunbathing and getting sand in places it doesn't belong.

My fingernails won't grow....they split and bend.

I played alone as a kid; I played with my dolls and paper dolls.

I had a second hand beach cruiser bike that was the best bike ever....my dad sold it and got me a three speed but I could never figure out how to use the gears...same problem with the 12 speed I have now.

I am afraid of the dark.

I have terrible eating habits.....not my manners but my food choices.

I wish I could afford a face lift.

I can't speak a second language....not that I haven't tried to learn several.

I have been to Ireland, The UK, Jamaica and Italy.

I don't travel well and pack way too much stuff.

My glasses are a part of my face. I feel naked without them, thus no contacts or lasix.

I kiss my kitties and my doggies on the mouth and face but hate it when they lick me.

I'm a sucker for puppies and kittens...I guess there could be worse things to be a sucker for.

This is way too much info about me.

5 comments:

Rhea said...

Wow, I can't believe all this stuff. It sounds like a Lifetime movie. All your marriages and stuff! I can't believe you are a natural bitch. You seem nice in print.

Sling said...

Pretty much all the qualities I admire in a person rosie!.. :)

kenju said...

I am loud and I have lousy fingernails too. I kiss my kitties. I've been to Italy. I could live in a library too (do they have kitchens?).

The was a real "true confessions" post, rosemary!

Lorraine said...

That was a lot of great info, Rosemary. I guess asking you to trot out the accordian for my birthday party is out of the question?

jan said...

I couldn't even think of half that much to tell about me. So if you are "boring" I must be the world's dullest human.

I finally got comments to work again on your blog.