There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, April 20, 2007

Miaow...pics bleow

I have a barn kitty. I don't have a barn, I have a pole building, but I have a barn kitty anyway. That's what stray kitties that adopt someone in Idaho are called if you live in the forest I have been told.....by the kitty.

She is a tuxedo kitty with the sweetest little face and bright orange/yellow eyes. I don't think she is a feral cat because she let me get close to her and pet her after only a few days. I think she was dumped because she let another cat have his way with her. I am not an expert on kitty pregnancy, but I would bet the barn she is with children.

We had put a tote box on end two years ago with an old sleeping bag in it for another cat that was in the pole building, but that cat was a true feral and never slept in the box. It disappeared as have other cats that lived in our forest. The squirrels made short work of the sleeping bag however, and created lovely, well appointed nests. This kitty rearranged the sleeping bag a bit, made it more comfortable and moved in. Steve, being a bigger sucker than I am for kitties, put food out for her......special food that I give the inside kitties at about 13 bucks/4 pounds. Needless to say, we are going to Wallie World and getting something a bit more generic without wheat gluten for her to eat.

I named her.....SweetPea... I guess she is mine for sure. She did disappear for about 4 days so she might be cheating with another family, but no matter....she is sweet. If she is pregnant, I have some wonderful news for her.....she is going to the vet after the birth and having her baby basket taken out.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

If she's pregnant - take her in today!

Lorraine said...

Awwww.

jp said...

Maybe you could just give her the talk. You know, about the kinds of things that boy cats will say and all the excuses they will use, like how they will die without it, and such.

But if she is stubborn, and insists on being the town tramp, then maybe another conversation about various forms of protection may be in order.

kenju said...

I have to see a photo, Rosemary!! I love the name Sweetpea.

Paul said...

It's my first time here. I came here from Michele's and since you were at the top of the list...

I think I'll come back. Nice joint.

Ex-Shammickite said...

Ah she's a sweet looking kitty. I wonder where those "barn" kitties come from? Disposed of by a family who didn't want her? Thrown out of a car window on a country road? Or just lost? There was a pathetically thin and scrawny dirty wandering kitty in this neighbourhood a few years ago, who adopted the people who live next door, and now she's a beautiful healthy long haired Persian.

Jennie said...

Aw, she's a sweetie. I had to chuckle, at the moment our new puppy is staying in a large Rubbermaid tub like that next to our bed at night.