There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Sunday, May 06, 2007

Just.....nothin'

I've got nothing much for today......but that guilt thing if I don't blog nags at me.....so...

We are mowing the lawn (probably 2 acres) today...first mow of spring.

I might sweep the garages...might.

Friday I got my lab work back that was supposed to be done in March but was drawn when I saw the doc last week when I thought I was dying....get ready because this is great news.

At my worst point my cholesterol was 251 and my triglycerides were off the chart so nothing else could be read.

Now? Cholesterol 216 (would like it under 200), LDH 135 (would like it below 1oo), HDL 45 YIPEE, and triglycerides 180 (would like them below 150). While not perfect I have made really good progress and when I talk to the doc tomorrow I bet he thinks so too. I am really proud of myself. I have lost another pound and a half...the last 10 are always the hardest. But, now that the weather is good I can ride my bike, we can walk more, work in the garden and eat more fruit! I am really pleased.

8 comments:

Chandler said...

That's awesome, summer is definitely the best for things of that nature. I look forward to being out and about alot. Though I, too, should invest in a bike. You will make it through the last 10 lbs in no time, I'm sure!!!
Chandler

Sling said...

You just keep taking care of yourself rosie.I kinda like havin' you around. :)
Baby steps..

Ex-Shammickite said...

You sound very positive about all those test results, I'm very proud of ya! It's easy to get on and get things done when it's warm and sunny outside, isn't it. I've been working in the back yard all day, cutting grass, raking up sticks, planning new plantings. So much harder to get inspired in the winter.

Joan said...

Congratulations...that's very good news. And now you've made me feel guilty because I am soooo overdue for blood work and I'm afraid what my numbers will be. Maybe I'll try a healthy diet for a week and then have them draw blood!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Good for you, i just had blood work done as well, still a little high, i take the nasty pills and still isn't like it should, i suppose if i quite eating cheese and drinking milk it might help but i am too addicted to them.
Yes i know you will lose those extra ten lbs now that the nicer weather is coming . Way to go keep up the good work.

kenju said...

Rosemary, are you on cholesterol meds? If not, how are you making it go lower?

I have to have lab work next week and then see the doc on the 22nd. I have been on meds for it for 2 1/2 mos., so I really hope it has gone down!

Cazzie!!! said...

Keep up the marvellous work Rosemary. I have been on my exercise biketoday, went for a walk with Mia down the main street of town to buy a bed for our puppy and when I got home I mopped every wet area there is in the house.
I am tired from it because I got home from work at half past ten last night but I need to loose the weight.
I guess we know it as nurses we need to stay healthy etc etc. I just never want to become a diabetic like my grandparents did or have heart problems either.
Well done to you again :)

gina said...

Wait, this is only your FIRST mowing?!?!?! C'mon! We've been mowing ours twice a week for a month already! UGH!

As for your results - good for you! Today I joined Weight Watchers. I have got to get things under control again. I went with Wayne. We're going to encourage each other.

I miss your face...come visit!