There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mashed Potatoes

I am in a mood...it has been coming on for about a week now....I knew it..remember when I told you? It has arrived.

I am overly organized, obsessive compulsive in a lot of ways. I clean every day...stuff needs to be in the right place, clothes put neatly into drawers, I get irritated when my blog doesn't space right or the comics are crooked.....lots of stuff just irritates me. At the moment the label thing is the irritant... I need to re-label my blogs and now.....or at least soon.

Then I was in the Crown Room, Sophie was having her mid morning snack at my feet, Mimi was scratching at the door and I could hear Violet whimpering for some reason...you know peaceful moments. I was reading from TIME about one of the 100 most influential people....a blogger in China who posts about oppression...and here is a quote from the article (written by Arianna Huffington...remember her?) Blogs are by nature very personal - an intimate, often ferocious expression of the blogger's passions......intimacy creates an unusually close bond between blogger and reader.

So, I ask? Am I passionate about my blog, do I have an unusually close bond to my readers and me to my blogroll friends? You tell me the answer to the first part of the question and I will tell you yes absolutely to the last part......I love all of my blogroll friends, read them every day and have told them/you more stuff than maybe even Steve.

What does all of this mean? Beats the hell outta me....I just want to fix my labels, read blogs, blow my nose, clean the house, straighten Steve's office a little, fight oppression, be passionate and get out of this mood. What good is catharsis if I can't cough up a hairball?

8 comments:

kenju said...

You GO girl!! and we love you anyway.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh i wish i could write like you, that is so good, Obsessed with cleaning now if you get bored come here and i can find all sorts of things for you to clean.

Ex-Shammickite said...

You're coughing up a hairball? Oh no... they say people get more and more like thier pets every day.
Yes, I should say you are passionate about your blog writing. You always have something interesting to say, and you post every day. Not like me, I'm a bit lazy, I have so many other things to do!

Cazzie!!! said...

Well, I guess I am similar to you in alot of ways, I put it down to being a Saggitarius. Then again, perhaps it is all about beiong organised, I get sweaty if I run late somewhere, better to be early than late. I like my grammar and punctuation to be right, I kick myself when I realise it is not. The house, well, it is clean, not always as tidy as I want it. The second it is clean and tidy the kids just get more toys and books out anyhow!!
I feel I do know you, and it is nice.

Sandy said...

Arianna "How To Overthrow The Government" Huffington - good book and timely even now. Yes, yes, yes - you are the definition of passionate. And I admire how you always post - remember the Andy Hardy movies where the show always had to go on, no matter what? Well, you always see that the show goes on and you leave us less organized incredibly impressed!

Sling said...

Of course you're passionate about your blog.I think we all are.Words,written words, have the ability to strip away all the external crap that influences our perceptions,and touch us in ways no other form of interaction can match...Hope the whole "hairball" thing resolves itself. :)

Lorraine said...

Ah, Rosie. I love ya.

Chandler said...

Hehe I'm sorry I wasnt able to comment on this sooner. I've been in the Twilight Zone. Did you get everyhing you wanted to done?? I hope you are out of the mood so you feel better. I love ya mood or no!!