There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Big Mama and the bambinos

Remember the challenge from SLING and the 7 anythings about me? Remember my big butt and belly on the couch while some idiot with a gun let his driverless car ram my sweet 1958 Chevy Del Rey story? Here I am in my big buttness and bellyness! Dressed in a typical 60's polyester tent, the front of the dress hiked up 8 inches, legs bowed, and red hair, I was a picture of all things huge and pregnant. My oldest son is next to me with his newly buzzed hair cut that I created on the front porch with my very own clipper set...always thrifty you know. Next to him is my daughter also in polyester....she was already a fashion maven at six. I can hear her in my head, "My gawd mother, look at my hair!" They were sweet, wonderful kids. My youngest son was born 23 days later if the date on the pic is accurate.


9 comments:

gina said...

You are ADORABLE and your kids are too! So sixties! I love it!

jan said...

OMG

I had a tent almost exactly like that. ew, what were we thinking?

kenju said...

Rosemary, you have cute legs! And everyone wore polyester in those days - I sure did - and my children too. I have a friend whose kids called her the polyester princess....LOL

Sling said...

Well I think it's a charming dress.
And I totally remember wearing my jeans rolled up ay the cuffs like that!

Cazzie!!! said...

Lovely, I had a dress just he same for a maternity dress, would you believe that? Yes, it was the 90's, I got it for a steal...$1 from an op shop, LOL

Chandler said...

This is just the cutest picture of you!!

Jennie said...

That is a sweet picture. You look so cute, giddy and happy. And bright!

Lorraine said...

Awesome!

Marty: said...

I just found your blog, thanks to Kenju.

I had that same preggers outfit and the same legs, in 1969. My daughter just had twins and she wore tight T shirts the whole time even though her belly button poked right out. I know it's the cool style, but a tent covers some of the grosser details!