There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, June 08, 2007

Go ahead, laugh....I can take it!






Sophomore year, Alhambra High School; 1959-60.


Duck Tail: check

Spit Curls: check

Three Roses Pomade keeping all frizzed ends in place: check

Black Uneven Eyebrows: check

Cute White Batiste blouse: check

Religious jewelry on immoral girl's neck: check

Not Seen: Black cinch belt with gold interlocking clasp, ugly blue floral skirt with 3 "full" slips (as in net and fouff), freshly shaved legs and black flats with "peds."


I am absolutely, positively sure I thought I was looking really good that day. I rarely do the "What were you thinking?" to anyone because you know, what we wore in times past was what was "in." Far be it from me to not be a band-aid and follow, follow, follow.




18 comments:

Mom said...

I have just loved looking at all your pictures. I have a very similar collection of my own. It is nice to find another blogger who understands the fashion requirements of my teenage years.

more cowbell said...

Hi Rosemary -- I've been lurking around, peeping at your pictures, and have been loving the pics and their stories. My mom has loads and loads of old pictures, and has done the whole geneology thing. So interesting!

Anyway, just wanted to say that I think you look cute as hell in this picture. Ducktail notwithstanding.

Rhea said...

Hey, it's not that bad.

Jennie said...

You look beautiful.

jp said...

There's something missing... I know! It's a hat!

kenju said...

I still have a duck tail!! I like your photo; you were cute!

Auld Hat said...

Oh Rosemary you look wonder...damn your eyes JP!

Lorraine said...

Not even. I think you look adorable and I'll bet the skirt was to-die-for.

jan said...

You did look cute. And you shaved your legs for the picture.Good touch.

Stephanie said...

Damn, you are a cutie.... Can I get your number????

Suzanne said...

All of your family photos are great Rosemary. You have some real treasures.
You are a cutie too!

Violet said...

yeah, maybe someday i'll be brave enough to post photos of myself in my tween and teen years... someday... far off in the future!

Joan said...

You are one brave lady to post your school photos. I've made it my life's goal to find and collect all my photos from the wallets and walls of family members and to have one large bonfire.

Ex-Shammickite said...

I think you look wonderful!

Tracey said...

Where can I find this Pomade? I've got frizzes that need to be kept in check!

Cazzie!!! said...

I should have read thispost first then the latest one..well, next! Now I know what frizzled means.
Guess what, we have something in common, I have a two cow lick fringe too! Only NOT evident whe my fringe stays long, which it is and shall be for some time!

Chandler said...

THAT IS SO CUTE! I love this picture though the one of you when you were pregnant is my favorite still :)

panthergirl said...

LOL!!!! You do a lot of the same stuff that I do on my blog... I'm hysterical laughing here. You are probably the same age as me!

(religious jewelry on immoral girl's neck.. .LOL)