There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I need to tell all of you the truth about Getting Wet. I really don't know the 2 people in the picture. But, in the collection of 23 pictures of this man there is one of the woman with "Sis in the water." on the back. 21 others are of the man in various settings in a home all with comments written by him I am sure. In another single envelope inside the bigger one with the 23 pics was a single picture of my mom and this man, their arms around each other and looking every bit entranced with each other. If this was around 1942, my mom was married to Phil Rivers but this man is not Phil....I have a pic of him and my mom and she wrote it was them on the back. She married my dad in February of 1944 after her divorce from Phil. So, who was this man? I wish I knew.

7 comments:

Dan said...

I love a good mystery!

How can you find out? Talk to family members?

Ex-Shammickite said...

Sis in the water....hmmmm. Did your mum have a sis? And if she did, what happened to her? This is a mystery worth further investigation. Whata shame there are no names on the back of the photos.

Mom said...

The mystery deepens. We will just have to let our imaginations fill in the blanks

utenzi said...

Yeah.... I'm not thinking pure thoughts here, Rosemary. Sounds like your Mom had "a past". [cue erie music]

madretz said...

Oh, i can relate to your conundrum. My dad immigrated here in 1924, my mom came in 1966 - I was born in 1968. But I have about 50 photos, most unmarked, mostly of people I have no idea who they are and I have no one to ask. But one of the photos, from the 50's, shows my mom and she is wearing a ring on her left hand ring finger. What does that mean?

kenju said...

I have some similar photos of my aunt and my mom with 2 guys I don't know anything about. They were taken before my mom married my dad, but my aunt was between husbands at the time. It is so maddening not to know anything abo9ut them!!

Chandler said...

Wow, thats really intriguing. I wonder if there is any way to find out, you have certainly struck my curiosity I can only imagine how this question must follow you as of late.