There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, June 23, 2007

I was a klutz

My mother enrolled me in tap, ballet, acrobatics, and marching with baton classes hoping against fact that I was a klutz. I think I am wearing a little bit of all 4 outfits in this pic. I loved tap classes, loved the baton and marching, loved ballet, hated acrobatics. I tripped over my own feet in tap, dropped the baton every time, couldn't do the needed finger manipulation to twirl the baton and still remember the first three ballet positions. The last straw? I was doing a backward somersault, had a barrette in my hair, as I went feet over head the barrette cracked on my head and cut it open. THE END.

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Toooo cute. I never did anything dancey or twirly unless it was barefooted in my backyard.

kenju said...

What a darling picture! I took tap and acrobatics and I was fired from class for being a klutz!

jan said...

My parents sent me to dancing school so I could walk into a room without stumbling

Hasn't happened yet...

Cazzie!!! said...

Tap was my favourite too, wish I had my pictures like you do..my mum has them :(

Lorraine said...

Love. It.

Rhea said...

Love those cute knees.

panthergirl said...

Oh pffft! Sorry for laughing! I have some awesome (and equally lame) ballet photos as well. Our tap school was called "Tip Tap Toe". Doesn't get better than that.