There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, June 29, 2007

Patting self on back

Sometimes I just have to pat myself on the back. I slaved over this damm blog two nights in a row and this morning; slaved over just the picture and title element. That's because I had to do it all by myself, with hamster drive. UPDATE...NEWS BREAK....oh, my goodness, look at the present Gina gave me!! She put my name on my picture and made it match and I am just so happy I could cry. Thank you, Gina, my dear friend!



Take a look at the sidebar elements. Yes, I did the blogroll and can update it and I did my profile but Gina uploaded the picture of me disguised as Mimi Louise and she did my stat counter. I put in the blah about me links and that was pretty easy as was the bloglines badge and the blogger power one. I added the good reads element too.



But the snazzy stuff, why I just stole from other bloggers. The kitty clock I stole from Sling and he told me how to do links like I just did. The weather badge I took from Rook's Nest. The mood badge I saw somewhere but I have forgotten the name of the blog because it was a really long time ago and there was a waiting list to get one; sorry to whoever I stole that from. If it is you let me know so I can update this and give you credit. Then I saw the cool flickr badge at Joan's and just lifted that too. Michele over at chunky mountains has a photo badge but from another host and I don't have an account there. Paul has a nice literary one but I am not a good enough writer to display that one; Paul is for sure. Gina's blog is really nifty but she is a computer genius so I can't take anything of hers, darn it.



So, you wonderful friends just keep on working hard adding really cool stuff to your blog and I will keep a close eye out for those I really like and when you're not looking I'll just take a few here and there and make them my own. Thanks again. If any of you want to steal anything from my blog please help yourself. The hummingbird picture is a nice one to take. If you want I can email it to you.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Wonderful job - all the hours spent were well spent and you may now rest on your laurels.

jan said...

Love it, love it. Your time was well spent and soon you will be a web designer.

Auld Hat said...

I'm going to add everything I can possibly add and then put a right click block on all of it just to confuse you. As your ether daughter, it is my duty to challenge and aggrevate you.

kenju said...

I don't blame you for stealing whatever you like! I might too, if I were going to change my blog. It looks good, Rosemary!

gina said...

T'weren't nuthin' ma'am. I'm just happy to help out a friend in need. Glad you like it.

Ex-Shammickite said...

You (and Gina) deserve several hearty pats on the back for the new blog look (ooooh sorry did I pat you a bit too hard? Here, let me help you up.) It looks good. You are brave to attempt it, I have no idea how to start!

Paul said...

Looks real good to me. Nice job(s).

Joan said...

Your new look is awesome and Gina's tweaking puts the final touch on a great looking blog. Kuddos to both of you.

utenzi said...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, or something like that. It's good that you're working on your blog, Rosemary. It keeps the place looking fresh!