There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Thursday, June 14, 2007

Puppy dog tales




There seems to be a hair theme in my life......here I am at 5 with Penny my first dog who eventually went to live with Uncle Bill who wasn't my uncle. Penny was copper colored and I loved her lots but didn't take care of her according to my mother.....I was 5. My hair (styled by me I think) kind of looks like a big dog ear. My front teeth are missing. My mother called me "Toothless Aggie Forkus" after my teeth fell out. She made me cry, then she hugged me. Who was Aggie Forkus?


Just a note.....my best friend Molly has a son, Aaron....he is the father of two young boys. He left for Iraq for the second time this morning. Prior to Iraq he was in South Korea at the North and South border. I wonder who it is that makes these assignments.

6 comments:

jan said...

Cute you, cute dog and cute saddle oxfords.

Mom said...

I just love the old pictures. They bring back good memories. Keep posting them.

Cazzie!!! said...

Love your toothless image :)
I am sending strength AAron's families way...bless him for safe return home.

Chandler said...

Aggie Forkus... I wonder. I hate all this war business too by the way, I hope he gets back well and in one piece.

Lorraine said...

You are too cute for words.

Aaron and his family are in my prayers.

Stupid damn war.

Middle Child said...

I love these old photos...nice times to grow up in if you had a good mum and dad... or just someone who loved you...