There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sweetpea in the morning...and daisies







The first pic is of the driveway to the west. The second pic is part of the long trail to the east of the house. Last summer it was filled with knapweed. Steve in his post op condition stood out there and used his crutches to point out the weeds to me...."Over here, honey; there's a big one!" He pointed, I pulled, and pulled and pulled. We spread red and yellow clover and grass seed and watered until our well was almost dry. The fruits of our labor are there in between the daisies......little clover leaves and grass growing. The bags of seed declare a certain amount of weeds in the mix....and these daisies are those weeds....I absolutely love them. They were everywhere when we first saw this property and slowly the knapweed killed them off. I guess if I was more of an old forest faerie I would lay in the daisies and bask in their loveliness, but the spit bugs have been here for a few weeks and who knows what is hidden on the forest floor!


Sweetpea was not in her usual spot this morning...so I went off to take pictures of the daisies. I saw her in the bushes stalking a bird.....I interrupted her hunt. When I went back later I had a dish of moist cat food for her and the....are you ready...... 3 babies. The babies came out very slowly and I actually picked one up. He/she was not particularly happy being held but I need to get them used to human touch of I ever am going to find a home for them. They are so cute.


12 comments:

jp said...

Baby pictures!!!!

utenzi said...

Uh-oh. Kittens.

Mom said...

What a gorgeous place to live! Looks like your hard work paid off big time.
and now you have grandkittens too.

gina said...

You can't pull knapweed. You have to spray it. Pulling it makes it spread even more.

Michele said...

Oh, those are such pretty pictures. It looks so peaceful as if you could sink into there and fall asleep on a warm summer's day. Very nice Rosemary.

jan said...

What a lovely and peaceful place to live. And now kittens to share it all with...

jan said...

What a lovely and peaceful place to live. And now kittens to share it all with...

Ex-Shammickite said...

The daisies are really pretty, in UK we called them Ox-eye daisies, I am not sure what they are called here. I have a garden variety called Shasta daisy. Your trails and pathways are lovely. Have you seen the bear and cubs recently? I'm glad the cat and kitties haven't been bear-dinner.

rosemary said...

JP & Utenzi...will try to take a picture, but they are still nervous.

Gina..I already took care of you in an email...neener.

Mom, Michele, Jan....it is lovely here. I am blessed to be in this place.

EX...no bears at the moment. I don't know what my daisies are called...I just love them. The trails need to ber mowed...next week.

madretz said...

Hello Rosemary! You don't know me, but I wandered over here from Lilli's and EX's blogs. Hope ya don't mind me poppin' in! But I've just read a couple of your posts and have enjoyed reading your little tidbits and your photos to go with them. I'm sure I'll be back! I'll have to catch up on some of your back posts so I can follow along with your happenings. :)
-madretz from WillowGrace

CRAIG & DIANE said...

Looking at your pictures of your place makes me long for the dry, cool morning air there. Thankfully, we are now leaving Florida and the damp humid air, unfortunately, Georgia won't be much better! Congrats on the new kittens!

Middle Child said...

Lovely spot...I hope all works out with the kitties...if you get them in somewhere confined the mother will follow of course, which will make it easier to tame them all. Also if you can let her feed the kitties till she decides to wean them...they will then have a more relaxed and less neurotic nature and easier to find homes for...also they will be such nice cats, their owners will love them better...sad isn't it?