There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, July 28, 2007

3 Pictures and a secret.

This is my old washer, known as POS. See all the fancy push buttons? See all the cycles I had to choose from when washing clothes? See all the potential for screwing up? Not me screwing up, the POS screwing up. And it did all the time.
My brand new washer. Dials. See the dials? Sweet, simple, and it was so cheap it almost clucks when it spins. Love it! I'm gonna call it Cutie.



One kitten came out to greet me this morning. The others went back under the car when they saw the flash from the camera. SweetPea was MIA; probably out hunting. She...Ms. Pea...goes in for the surgery next Wednesday. I called all of the local shelters yesterday trying to place the kittens with zero luck. All are full but one is fostering kittens. That shelter may have one opening next week, so if I can capture one kitten then I am 1/4 of the way to my goal of homes for these darlings.
The secret: I was talking to my sweet daughter this morning and this is what she said: "I read in your blog that SweetPea came back home." She is reading my blog! I wonder if she knows she said that? Love you Christine!
I was talking briefly (as almost all conversations are) with my youngest son. He flat out told me he was reading my blog and he was proud of me. He is reading my blog! Love you Bert.
Two down one to go! kiss, kiss my darlings.


17 comments:

lorenzothellama said...

Hello Rosemary,
Ooo your new washer is very grand! Makes a change from the old washboard, scrubbing brush and soda!
Love the little kits. Don't suppose you could put one on an aeroplane and sent it across to England could you?
I have a lovely ginger called Scaredy. There are some pictures of him on my blog. You are very welcome to visit.
I would love another cat, but I think maybe Scaredy would be a bit indignant.
Lorenzo.

Sling said...

Ain't it nice to have a machine that just does what it's supposed to do?..You bet it is. :)
Whenevr I talk to my kids,and they ask what I've been up to,I tell 'em to read my blog.They are too busy for that,but not too busy to call me...so that's okay.

utenzi said...

That bad ole Neptune sure did look pretty, Rosemary. I guess that just goes to show that we shouldn't judge on the basis of looks.

Cazzie!!! said...

Awww Mia wants one of those kittens STAT! LOL

Sandy said...

Hope you find homes for all the kittens - our shelters here are always full too. We have a front-loading washer that is supposed to use less water, less electricity. As we use less the rates go up.

kenju said...

Your new washer is the same model as my new (last year) dryer. I love it.

more cowbell said...

Congrats on the new machine. Simplicity rocks. My folks don't read my blog because I kind of sort of haven't mentioned it to them. The political & religious divide and all that jazz. There are some posts I'd like them to see, but others ... uh, no. Glad your kids are reading.

Middle Child said...

My girls read mine and cried...
then laughed...so its okay but sometimes would be good to be anon

Auld Hat said...

I want that kitten. There is a kitten shaped hole right in the middle of me and that kitten could fill it. Sigh.
I'm glad the kids are popping in. Helps them to see how wonderful our Mamma really is. As a person, not just as a Mamma. Perspective and such. Anyhoo...(eyes follow kitten) I'll just uh, be on my way now...(tilts head around corner)

Joan said...

Your new washer is just like the one I want...simple with no fancy gizmos. I was exchanging my brand new phone today because of a glitch and the salesperson and I were lamenting how all these new fangled appliances are hardly dependable and have very short lifespans...we blame it on our disposable lifestyle. [Sigh...]

jan said...

My kids read my blog all the time. I have threatened to disinherit them and it that doesn't work to haunt them when I'm gone.

But you are nicer than I am.

Mom said...

It always makes me smile whenever anyone refers to something I have posted on my blog. - especially my kids. I am always a bit amazed that anyone reads it at all.
Love the new washer.

cs said...

Rosemary, give hat Mama one of your baby critters...she is broken hearted and needs a new friend...

So glad you like your new machine...I will have to keep mine (the other POC evil twin in Rathdrum)until it expires which is none too likely since it overheard me reading your blog out loud...it snaps at me when I walk by nowdays.

Michele said...

I used to sell appliances and I would never push the new models with all the fancy dancy buttons and lights. It was extremely expensive when these would break down to replace the board and many of my customers would not use half of the functions that were available to them anyways. All they cared about basically was quietness, 2 rinses with warm and cold, etc. Simple and basic was all people were looking for and a good price. You did well Rosemary!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Good job on the new washer! My kiddoes are too young to read my blog, but the Evil Twin reads it. I get upset b/c he never comments. He says, "Why should I? I LIVE with you!" LOL.

gina said...

Nice new washer! And I am SO happy that Christine is reading your blog! That is so awesome!!! Now, just comment back on occasion, okay?!?!?!? :)

And send Auld Hat a kittie...she really, really, REALLY needs one!!!

madretz said...

I get a kick whenever someone in my real life refers to my blog. Because they never leave a comment, so I have no idea that they're reading.
So hurray for secret admirers. :)