There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, July 06, 2007

Good little Catholic girl...more memories

First through fifth grade I went to All Soul's Catholic School in Alhambra. Here I am in my school uniform complete with beanie. The uniform was all blue, with ASCS embroidered on the vest. Don't my feet look big? There they are in all of their saddle oxford splendor. The pic was taken in the living room of the house we lived in on Third Street; the hassock is ivy green, the wall paper is light green with white and pink magnolias. All that is missing is my halo and prayer book because I was a good little girl then.

15 comments:

Joan said...

What a cute angelic little girl you were. And what an overwhelming wallpaper print...black & white photos just don't do "justice" to vintage interior design. :~)

Sandy said...

OMG - you're got my shoes! I went to private school too. We didn't wear uniforms but we all had those shoes. They made everybody's feet look big. And did that wallpaper glow in the dark?

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Auld Hat said...

I totally love those shoes.

kenju said...

I never wore uniforms to school, but I had saddle oxfords just like yours and my grandmother's wallpaper was very similar.

jan said...

You MUST have that wall paper colorized!!

rosemary said...

Everyone: I wore that style of shoe until I graduated from high school; they just went from blue and white to white suede. As for the wallpaper. I totally remember that paper. Not only was it on the walls, there was enough left over for me to cover my school books.

rosemary said...

Jan: I actually have a colorized one, but it is me that colored in with bright pink lips and cheeks!

Dan said...

You are SO SWEET in that photo!! You must have been shaking the little lads off with a stick!

Ex-Shammickite said...

Oh I covered books in leftover wallpaper too! in fact, I still have 2 of them!

Mom said...

You were a sweet=looking little girl. Now you are a fascinating woman.

Lorraine said...

I love saddle shoes. I want to get some. NOW.

alphawoman said...

I wore saddle shoes like those only in High School. That's when I was forced to wear a uniform too.

Chandler said...

Oh this is *adorable*

madretz said...

This is a cool photo! I love how your hands are perfectly poised, too.