There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Busy, busy busy....

We caught SweetPea in the trap late yesterday evening. We were shocked to see her. We have yet to entice the last kitten in. SweetPea went to the vet's this morning at 9AM, will have surgery hopefully this afternoon. There are a lot of variables......Leukemia test results, how far along she is, and other vet speak that I was overwhelmed with. The 3 kittens go into the vet's this afternoon for check ups, lab work, de-worming and what ever else it is kittens need....shots, etc. They will not be happy campers at all.

This has been a very expensive rescue-let's-do-the-right-thing-for-these-cats-that-didn't-deserve-this-kind-of-treatment. Had I known that SweetPea could have been spayed while pregnant, regardless of how adorable the kittens are, I would have done that the first week after she was dumped. As it is, she has turned pretty much wild, I lost her trust when I dropped her, three kittens have an iffy future and so much more.

I know it seems that I am intense about all of the kitty stuff and some of you may think I am silly, but you know, we are two old farts that have no family around and our pets, and now this little feline family, have been and have become our focus. Take this as a warning.......getting old miaows!

12 comments:

Auld Hat said...

I awoke this morning from a dream about kittens. I can only blame you. Terrific news about SweetPea Mamma! Very happy indeed.

more cowbell said...

Rosemary, who gives a rat's ass if some think it's silly? That would obviously come from non-animal-loving types with a bug up their asses. Shoot, I've still got kids at home, and I'm that way with my dogs. And why not? When I get home from work, who is it leaping up and jumping around trying to kiss me? Not the kids, I'll tell you that much.

I've been thinking about how much it must be costing you, through this whole saga. Vets are so friggin' expensive, it's ridiculous. And pet insurance is a joke.

I'm glad you got Sweet Pea -- maybe the last kitten will be more likely to come forth now that mom's not around.

kenju said...

Right - who cares if someone thinks it is silly! You shouldn't apologize for being an animal lover. I am glad that you caught Sweet Pea and I hope the surgery goes well. Let us know.

Joan said...

I would never ever describe you as silly. I would use the terms caring, thoughtful, loving. And I'm happy to hear you've captured Sweet Pea and I hope all goes well at the vet's.

Sandy said...

Champions of kids and animals have a special place in my heart. Would the vet or animal shelter work with you re the expenses? They will here. And re: "getting old miaows!"......and the congregation said AMEN!

Mom said...

I think you rock! You are a kind, caring old lady who is a great example for the rest of the world.

Auld Hat said...

Also, now that you have high speed you really have no excuse not to reply to our comments. (pouts like the ungrateful daughter that she is)

cs said...

Good for you Ro! We did the same exact thing years ago in San Diego...caught them, took them to the shelter and had them fixed, blood work, anything they needed so they could be placed in a good home. We knew it was the right thing to do, and yes, it cost mucho dinero, but worth it.

Never ever silly...and we up here with just our 2 girls and love them like our kiddos (if we had any). So God gives us pets for a reason, see?

Lorraine said...

Glad Sweetpea showed up. And I'm sure there's some sort of cosmic reward for being all St. Francis about the kitties.

And what your daughter said in her second comment.

rosemary said...

Ok, to all, I am not silly just maybe lonley...

Bell: there are actually several rat's behinds and a few squirrel tails in the pole building....SweetPea was very efficient.

Judy, Joan,cs, Sandy, Mom: thank you

Lorraine: Do you think St. Fran could float a small loan to help pay the vet?

Hat my girl....I am trying.

Middle Child said...

Money...can't take it with you...

madretz said...

I like the updates on the kitties! I know I'd wonder what was going on with them and you if you didn't blog about it. Thanks for keeping us up to date. :)