There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, August 06, 2007

Family Pix!

Quick post...I have some news other than kitten updates.....although as you can see there is a pix of kittens! And here goes the update. One is walking towards me, two is the one watching one and three is hiding in the pink crate. I'm afraid if I name them too quickly I will become way too attached. Thank you for all of the super fantastic name suggestions. They go to the vet tomorrow and I will talk to her about the possibility of keeping one. We have yet to catch the fourth kitten, but it is still around sounding pitiful in the pole building. We have used anchovies, real tuna and kitten food. Not good enough apparently. The three of them will let me hold them; one and two are really affectionate and three still a bit afraid. They are all adorable. No sign of SweetPea.

Now for the real news. I am using wireless. I whined and whined and then whined some more about how slow the dial up had become. I could only read maybe three blogs an hour. Honestly. If there were lots of pix or graphics, forget it. Videos? Nope. So, I am sure some of you have noticed I have not been visiting. I would bring up a blog and then go do some house work, come back and there were still things to load. So, Steve called HughesNet, the guy came out, fixed something, blah, blah, router, blah, blah and here I sit. There are still bugs to work out like how to use Outlook rather than the Hughes email and I am going to call this morning and see if I can get some help. I will visit everyone as soon as I can get it all figured out! YIPPEE.



13 comments:

kenju said...

Aaaah, how cute they are, especially #1!

Thanks to Steve for calling that guy - now you will be cooking with gas!

gina said...

Satellite internet!!! Smokin'! Now no excuses when I post photos, right? :) If you need help with Outlook, let me know. I can configure it for you in a snap.

the kitties are adorable!

Auld Hat said...

Woo to the hoo Mamma! Though, I must admit I will miss the hamsters. Grew rather fond of those little guys. Glad we never named them.

Mom said...

Yipee! wireless will make life so much better.
Cute kitties.

Sling said...

This is Huge!!
Welcome to the 21st century rosie!...We have T-Shirts.

Sling said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

Still can hardly believe you've done your blog this long on dial-up. But I guarantee, pretty soon no matter what you have it won't seem fast enough. And I hope some kind-hearted soul adopts and keeps the kittens together - they're adorable.

jan said...

Hurrah for whining!!!

Joan said...

Great photo of the kittys! I swear that One looks exactly like the one and only cat I ever had and he was from a wild mama.

And congratulations on leaving dial-up behind. Don't worry...you were not the last one out there using slow speed. We have one friend who still refuses to move over to a high speed connection of some kind even though his kids, friends and family have all tried to encourage him to do so. It's soooo frustrating...

alphawoman said...

Nothing can compare to a fast Internet connection!

Lorraine said...

Aw, Rosie, that's just the swellest news EVAH! Congratulations. So, when you talk to the vet about the kitties are you taking in the hamsters? Or are you just going to set them free in the woods?

more cowbell said...

Holy crap, how did you manage this blogging thing on DIAL UP? You the man.

As far as names, we once had a female cat named Fido. Hilarious.

madretz said...

Hurray for fast connection!! I can't even imagine how long it would take you to post your own photos on your blog. I can't bear to blog on our dial-up at our hideaway. I can't even bear to just check my email! You're life is gonna change!!