There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, August 20, 2007

memememememememememememememememememe

Dave at utenzi tagged me with an interesting Meme.

Here goes, first with the rules and then with the answers and then with the tags.

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

2. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

I don't have a middle name so lucky me I get to pick one and, while I am at it I am going to change the rules a bit. The name I am going to chose is an author's name and the name of a character from a book by Anita Shreve. Sian. Pretty name, right?

Since there are only 4 letters in this name I am going to list 4 facts that are good traits of mine and four that are not so good. AND, I am only going to tag two people. I'm old, I can change what I want.

Good stuff:

S: I am sensitive. I care about people's feelings and even my pet's feelings. I have apologized to the dogs and cats. I try not to hurt any one's feelings. I do need to be more sensitive to Steve's feelings, however. I'll work on that.

I. I am interested in other people's lives. I am not intrusive, but like to hear and read about their pasts and where they came from.

A. I am authentic. What you see and hear is what you get. No bullshit about rosemary.

N. I am a bit naughty. I swear sometimes like a truck driver and love bad (as in dirty) jokes. I think this is a good thing to have when you are over sixty. I can be irreverent and get away with it.

Bad stuff:

S: I am always stressed. A.L.W.A.Y.S. I worry about stuff that hasn't happened yet. I dream about being stressed, stress about being stressed and then stress some more.

I: I am easily irritated. It doesn't take much to piss me off. Being late irritates me, hairballs irritate me, Violet rolling in bear poop irritates me, Steve not flushing or putting the seat down irritates me, cooking, wash, dirty cars all irritate me.

A: I am prone to anxiety. See S.

N: I am noisy. I have a loud laugh, I talk loudly, I vacuum every day at warp 48 volume and slam doors a lot. The TV is always too loud when I have it on, so is the radio and when I play Cd's.

So, there you have my version of this Meme. Oh of course, there are a lot more bads about me, but I am trying to be conservative here and not show off.

I hereby officially tag two fellow Idahoans: Gina and cs. Carry on girls!

10 comments:

Rhea said...

You apologize to animals? So do I! I always feel terrible if I step on my dog's feet by accident, for instance. So I apologize -- profusely.

cs said...

You stinker...don't you remember when Gina had me take the online quizzes? I am the dumbest ugliest old woman this side of the Missippissi! I like what you wrote though. You are nice and interesting and make me laugh and go ahhhh. :)
I will try just for your sake.

But if I don't post for awhile--it means I threw the lappie out the window for the moose to tromp on.

cs said...

David Utenzi blogger...I looked at your blog today. You are too smart for me to read yours anymore. My brain hurt from trying to make sense of your post on aging...that is a sensitive subject up here, so watch it buster. BUt you seem like a very nice chap anyway, smarty pants.

kenju said...

Good meme! I did the same one tonight.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Very nice! I like the way you mixed it up a bit. :-)

Joan said...

Great meme...clever and truthful!!!

more cowbell said...

ooh, your first 3 "bad" things, hello, can we say common ground there?

utenzi said...

Isn't cs sweet to say all that?! LOL

I think Sian is a great middle name, Rosemary. You should permanently adopt it.

madretz said...

I love meme's, they can be as introspective as the author wants them to be, but they give nice little glimpses on how really are. And my one of my fav part about reading your blog is how authentic you are. Also diggin' on the old photos and family history pieces, too.

Middle Child said...

Hm! Meme'd..Cs passed it on to me and I hit up the Aussie connection...now it gets interesting but how strange how many of us do not have a middle name...