There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Friday, August 10, 2007

My special things

I watched The Secret DVD a month or so ago. I know millions of people have watched it, read the book or listened to the tape. It is kind of on the level of What the Bleep Do We Know. I only connected with one part of Bleep and only one comment stayed with me from The Secret. Maybe I'm not deep enough to have grasped The Secret, but this is what I remember: "Get up every morning and be grateful for what you have." And so today when I got up these were the things I was grateful for right as my feet hit the floor.


Three children and husband that love me in spite of me.


A granddaughter that loved the tea set I gave her and made violets her favorite flower. She just lost her first tooth and the Tooth Faerie left a Susan B. Anthony dollar for her that she took to the bank.


The man that loves me enough to bring me a red slipper from Kansas and a pot of delicate glass violets. (I need to dust that slipper!)




For a snow globe with a Violet inside from my daughter who gave us Violet the real doggie.


Babie my first kitten love; kiss, kiss, miss you every day sweet girl.


The iron scroll work Steve put up for me to make our metal airplane hanger look more like a home. See me in the window? I'm shaped like a shoebox!
Emma who is the image of and shy like her momma.




Two sweet boy kittens that love sitting in the window.

SweetPea who will have a new home in about a week. Yup, you read that right.


A grandson who went from street living in Haight-Ashbury (unknown female) to..
Living at home with his mom and adorable athletic brother.


When I really, really think about all of the things I am grateful for, oh my goodness how I have been blessed......Molly who calls me every day just to see how I am doing, Gina who never tires of my blog questions and has become so dear to me, finding blog friends that are angels in disguise, serving my community on the Library board, having a home that is comfortable and weird....I could go on but tears seem to be the daily experience right now and I need to stay hydrated.
BTW I read that Yasgur's Farm is for sale for 8 million. How about we all put in and buy it and start the first blog commune? I'm putting in 7 bucks right now.

16 comments:

Violet said...

this post really makes me miss my kittens. we had to find another home for them a while back for circumstances that i won't go into now... they were so sweet...

Auld Hat said...

Your own blessings are spilling over into my life. I'm so thankful for you. Here's $5.00 toward blog commune livin. And a crock pot. I never use it, but we might get something for it on e-bay.

Ex-Shammickite said...

I'll take the crock-pot!!!

Lorraine said...

Make ex-shammickite pay for that crockpot! I'm in for $10. You're the best, Rosie.

Lorraine said...

And now I've got CSNY in my head.

jan said...

Sniff...that was beautiful. Put me down for $7. And my IOU for the rest.

Cazzie!!! said...

Absolutely..if that was the only comment that stuck with you then it is great. I have not viewed this DVD... but I do believe in what you retained :)

Sandy said...

Definitely a lot to be grateful for! Just counted my mad money and I can contribute $13.26 and a crockpot cookbook - only slightly used.

Sling said...

I'll pitch in 1 free bicycle.
Guido says he can get us a deal on cement,and Garbage pick-up.

Middle Child said...

Am I the only person on the planet who has "reservations" about the Secret" Don and I saw an advance DVD way before it came out. For a couple of days we were affected but then we have always been grateful...

But too much of that show id based on "if you wish for $$$ you will get them" some people nevre will no matter what they wish for.... like if you wish for good health...so if you are really sick did you not wish hard enough...have problems with it...it was "circulated" too widely" accross the world at exactly the same time...dunno smell a rat but not sure what the rat is... sorry folks

Middle Child said...

Rosemary, your photos of your family, cats etc are just lovely... almost forgot

Joan said...

You certainly do have so very much to be thankful for. You are a lucky lady.

Oh...and put me down for $7.

Paper Fan Club said...

I'm very skeptical about "The Secret" too, but it sounds like you were able to take away a most valuable message and apply it wisely to your life. Wonderful pictures.

Jennie said...

Your daughter is so beautiful (methinks every time you post her pic). Nice pics.

jp said...

Yay! Kitten pictures! I think I'm gonna miss Swee-pea, though.

madretz said...

Blessings are everywhere Rosemary! It's awesome that you are counting yours...so often it's hard to count even up to one.