There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Thursday, August 09, 2007

Oh weary kitten stuff and wireless.

I was sitting on the couch last night, yoga legs all set to hold the laptop, read two blogs, satellite went out. Stupid-frickin-POC-Hughes.net. It is back now but we are not sure if it was where I was sitting, if the satellite actually went down (the weather was perfect) or my laptop and all of the changes freaked out all at once. I'll catch up...just really ticks me off.

SweetPea is home all sterile and stitched. She is back to her old sweet self. She cuddled with me and forgave the dropping, the WallyWonderWorld cheap food I put out for her and the kittens, having to now use a litter box when dirt is much better for covering her business and for making her forage for dinner. She is simply wonderful. I am going to try and find a home for her rather than put her back outside. She deserves more now that she is in such good shape.

Guido is in the craft room. He is snooping all over the place and settling in. The dogs are at one door and Fuzz at another with his paw under the door feeling around for what ever it is that is miaowing. Emma and Houdini, fka four, are at the vets getting their baby makers clipped and taken out. Houdini needs a home and Emma will join Guido in the craft room. Luigi was taken home last night by one of the techs at the vet's office and I have been assured and re-assured he will be loved and will love his new momma.

So, I am crying for some stupid reason. For the first time last night I fell asleep knowing all of the little SweetPea family was safe and being cared for either by me or the vet. I just hope I can find good homes for SweetPea and Houdini. These animals have been through a lot and still can find it in their little hearts to forgive, trust me again and hopefully they will have the opportunity to give joy and love to another momma.

11 comments:

Auld Hat said...

Tears of relief that's why. You have a heart of gold. No, make that platinum. No, make that platinum with a gold coating. And diamonds. Lots and lots of diamonds. Have I told you lately that I love you?

rosemary said...

Hat: Yes, they are tears of relief and joy as well. Funny how things happen. There is a reason and for the last several months I have gotten up every morning and been grateful for what I have not what I have missed. Love you too dear one. I look good in diamonds.

Joan said...

I can only imagine the exhaustion which comes with finally achieving feline success and your tears of relief are well earned. You are an amazing woman and it's a privilege to know you.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I've said before, those are very lucky kitties! I wish I could take one of them... I love cats.

Sling said...

Your satellite will,from time to time,go all verblungent..
No reason..no explanation..Just gone.
It's not an exact science.

Michele said...

Oh wow, you are absolutely amazing. If I could, I would take one home right this minute.

cs said...

Yup, a real good thing sister. Thise kitties are going to be happy and healthy and all because of you and your hard work. Good job northern friend. Well done.

I want high speed but we don't get it in our area down here yet. What century are we living in???

more cowbell said...

You know, I think we suck it up and deal with stressful situations when they're actually happening, then after, when it's all resolved, that's when the body lets the tears come out. You did it! The Kitten Chronicles have a happy ending. Good for you, and good for the kitties.

Middle Child said...

So pleased. All kitties deserve and need a warm safe place...look what you have achieved.

Lilli & Nevada said...

glad that they all have a good place to go, If i didn't already have ten cats i sure would consider one. But i have done my part in raising mine, and they are so far all happy and healthy.
Nothing is more satisfying then to see them happy.

gina said...

I love that you caught your reflection in the window in the one photo. That's totally a Gina trick. :)

I'm so glad about the kitties. I know it's a HUGE relief for you! Hugs, Rosemary!