There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Thursday, August 02, 2007

Where's Mom? and a breaking story


Here is a class photo of my mother's class in grammar school at St. Joseph's Academy in Portsmouth. She is right smack in the middle of the middle row, the tallest in the line. I don't know what kind of shoes she had on or if she was standing on a box...but....my mom was never taller than 5' 2". So, she was"height" enhanced somehow or had reached her full height at the age of 6. As I look at all of these girls I am reminded of the Little Rascals TV show and how those kids were dressed. They may all be in the same uniform but the shoes and socks are a totally different story.
Breaking kitten story: One HaveAHart trap; $37.99 plus tax, check. One can of kitten tuna; $0.49, check. One catnip stuffed mouse; $2.99, check. Tuna and mouse duct taped to trap pan, check. Watching one kitten steal the food in one paw swipe and run out of the trap before the door snapped shut; priceless. Damn, outsmarted by a kitten.


15 comments:

gina said...

Well, your mom must have been tall for her age. I love these pix, Rosemary. I wish I had all the ones my mom used to have.

As for the kitty cat, that sucks! I am so sorry the cat outsmarted you.

jan said...

I think you may be breeding a whole new breed of super intelligent cats. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but it is pretty funny.

kenju said...

That picture is priceless! I hope you have it framed and hanging where you can see it often.

Try, try again.....with the kitten...LOL

celerman said...

Do you think the kitten has a laptop and read your blog? How else could it have known about the trap?

Maybe you could post a false plan to trick it - but you'd better delete this comment before that plot is rumbled too,

Happy hunting

celerman

Auld Hat said...

BWAHAHAH! Sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh. I'd have paid $5.95 to have seen this.

Cazzie!!! said...

Love the picture...and funny about that kitten!!

Mom said...

Great picture.
That's one smart cat!
Congratulations on one year of blogging! It's fun to make new virtual friends.

Sling said...

Kittens are tools of the devil.
They will steal your heart,and then your catnip...just sayin'.

Ex-Shammickite said...

Sweet Pea taught them well.....

Lilli & Nevada said...

Great photos, i guess i should start digging out the floppy disks i put some of the old photos on.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Smart kitty! LOL. Hopefully its' siblings won't be as clever.

Happy Blogoversary. I'm glad I found you. :-)

cs said...

My class photo isn't much different! Hair too. :)

Those little critters are sooo smart but keep at it...

Lorraine said...

Clever, clever kitty. I realize we are not supposed to be cheering him on but still.

Cute pic of all those kiddies.

jp said...

Hide your keys and purse. That cat has a plan.

Middle Child said...

My sister hit puberty at 10 and was as tall as she got...she is now 56 (and getting shorter tee heee) so here she was at 10 and 5'3"
Your mum may have been the same. A wonderful photo...look at the bloody haircuts they inflicted on all those kids...shocking...

Wonder what happened to them all when you see them like this...
dear little kiddies