There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Sunday, September 02, 2007

THE KITTEN CHRONICLES SEPTEMBER 2007

Here are the kittens. When we took them to the vet for the first time, she estimated their age at 16 weeks. So today they are officially 20 weeks old.

This is GUIDO. He is a growing boy. He eats, sleeps, potties and eats some more. He doesn't do much playing because his sister is a bully. If he has a toy and even remotely looks like he might enjoy it, Emma will run up to him and snatch it away, throw it across the room and then lose interest in it. He is still a little nervous, is not terribly lovable, but does let me rub his tummy and give him neck kisses. It will probably be a long time before he fully trusts a human again.




This is little EMMA. She is a playing machine. She is still really small.....I think she will be like her momma SweetPea that lives at Auld Hat's. She is a lovable, sweet little girl, but she also likes to rough house and throw her toys....and they are ALL hers. She lets me hold her, kiss her and rub her tummy. She also likes it when I sit on the futon...she climbs up on my ample chest and naps.




Blogger is being a butthead again. All of these pixs show up in a secret code in edit mode....it published this blog before I asked it to; blogger must be away for the long weekend or it is too lazy to behave. Sometimes I hate blogger,

14 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That is one adorable kitty! We had a stray on our front porch yesterday... I'd like to try to lure him/her inside and then beg the Evil Twin to keep it. It's really cute, too.

Cazzie!!! said...

Awww, cute kitty

Michele said...

Big eyes looking so curious! Beautiful pictures!

Lilli & Nevada said...

today must be kitty talk, as i too was talking about cats too funny.
Love the kitties, are you keeping them?

Nunnie's Attic said...

Awww, they're too cute. They remind me of a few of my kitties. I have 6 of them! Yep, I'm the crazy cat lady.

jan said...

It has always amazed me how kittens and puppies from the same litter can have such different personalities. Sometimes it is easy to forget how individual our pets really are.

Auld Hat said...

tee!
Oh the chubby little guy will come around. He's just living in big sis's shadow.
And she IS just like her mommy. SweetPea has a thing for napping on my ampleness as well! Even if I'm sitting at the desk, typing on the comments section of a blog, ahem. Makes it very challenging to actually type though...

cs said...

Give Hat Mama a pretty kitty---she is still pining for a feline friend.

So adorable and totally steal your heart. Of course the Twinks took one look and walked away mumbling. Never mind them....

Mom said...

I've been gone a week. it's good to be back and see how your kitties have grown.
Hope your boy had a wonderful birthday and find a life full of joy ahead of him.

Jennie said...

I love the name Guido.

Middle Child said...

Just beautiful... I do love kitty cats...even the evil looking ones...not that yours are

Ex-Shammickite said...

I think Guido is nervous cos he's embarrassed about his nose.
But please tell him I like his nose, it's like no other kitty nose I have ever seen.
And naughty Emma probably teases him about it.

Lorraine said...

Those are some very charming Jellicle cats there, Rosie. And Blogger is a booger.

gina said...

So...not only is blogger being weird for your posts, my feed for your blog just vanished from Outlook, so I thought you hadn't posted since the "some facts and a joke" post. Doh! Anyway, I miss Ali (my cat) sitting on my chest, curling up next to me at night, and curling up next to me while I blog. She does, however, purr like mad and actually wants me to pet her in the mornings, when she's safely on the counter, out of Riley's reach. She doesn't like me to stop, and will actually reach out and pull my hands back to her if I stop. But I sure miss her sleeping next to me, and it makes me sad that she can't/won't do that yet. I'm hoping she'll come around eventually. I have carried her, purring, into my room at midnight, put her down next to me while I block Riley from getting to her, and she'll stay for a minute or two, purring the whole time, and then dash off. So, maybe there's hope?