There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, September 17, 2007

HAHAHAHAHAHA...WE'RE HERE

We have arrived in California safely.....sort of.

Saturday: ETD? 10AM, actual DT, 12:20PM.

Got to Coeur d Alene at 1:30, stopped for lunch at Del Taco (CDA is 50 miles from home).

So, Saturday here is what happened. Drive, gas, dogs out to potty, drive, gas, dogs out to potty, eat while driving, drive until 11 PM sleep at a rest stop outside of Salem, Oregon. We passed along the way the turn off for Hats', Lorraine's, Cowbell and probably some other bloggers I have never met.

Sunday: See Saturday with just a few little exceptions. We got off I-5 for lunch; Sonic burger (yup, to hell with watching the ole cholesterol). I had already taken the dogs out to potty and gotten them settled back in the truck. I went into the camper which entails climbing up on the hitch of the trailer....I got sodas for us......as I was backing out of the camper big ass first, I slipped off the hitch and fell flat on my back onto the blacktop of the bank parking lot where we had parked. I have a bump on the back of my head the size of an orange, bruised my arms, and my left hip big time....rang a few bells too. So, we sat in the parking lot for about an hour to be sure I wasn't going to have a seizure, pass out or throw up and hit the road again.

Steve wanted to try and drive straight through....he becomes possessed once he is on the road but we stopped at a rest stop in Button Willow. We passed sling's turn off yesterday.

We spent as much time on the 405 trying to get to my daughter's as we did driving from the rest stop to the 405....the traffic here is an absolute nightmare.

And here we are. We will stay here until Thursday morning when Steve wants to leave at 5AM (see Saturday's departure time) and try to be home by Friday night late. See possessed Steve comment.

I won't be able to blog again until I get home....we will be visiting and driving and trying to keep all of the dogs away from each other's throats; my daughter has 4 and then there are our 2 and it is an interesting mix. Penelope is totally freaked by my daughter's dogs for some reason (3 Boston Terriers and a Lab puppy); the same Penelope that was a former street walker, official greeter, sometimes left alone by her former owners for days and foraged deer, bear and moose poop to keep from getting hungry Penelope.

Kisses to all of you for looking in on the babies....all 6 (six) of them. Could someone just vacuum and dust a tiny bit for me?

16 comments:

gina said...

Oh, OWE!!

gina said...

Ooops, hit enter too quickly. Steve is like Tom - driven once he gets on the road, wants to drive straight through. I nipped that in the bud by making reservations along the way so he HAS to stop. I really don't envy you this trip. Be careful! No more falls! We miss you in blogopia! Hugs and kisses to you, Steve, the family and the pets. We'll be sure to tidy up after the party...oops, did I let the cat out of the bag? Just a small shindig - we'll leave some food in the fridge for your return, and won't drink too much of your booze. :)

Nunnie's Attic said...

Oh my gosh! Well I'm glad that you weren't seriously hurt but I must confess I started laughing at your description of getting out...never thinking you'd fall. I'm sorry!! Have a great trip and be safe!!

Love,
Julie

more cowbell said...

oh no! An orange sticking out of your skull is no laughing matter. That's terrible, Rosemary.

Now see, if you'd have taken that turn off, you could be here right now knocking back a nice cold one, and htat probably wouldn't have happened.

You probably will pass Teen Demon on the road -- she's heading to OR to do college visits this weekend. Lord help me. She's doing the "road trip" thing with her girlfriend.

Drive safely, and keep the coffee flowing.

madretz said...

ouch! no more of that falling, ya hear? It can't make the trip more fun, that's for sure. Especially when there are few stops 'allowed'. I can totally relate to that, my husband is the same as steve. In fact, I'm barely allowed to drink anything when we're on the road for more than 2 hours because he doesn't want to stop.

Auld Hat said...

(swoons from image of momma getting hurt)

It's funny you should mention the vacuuming at the last minute cuz I was totally going to tease you about how many times you have already vacuumed the camper. See what a shit head daughter I am? heh heh.
YAY you are there and you are safe!!! That's all I care about. Oh, and that you have lots and lots of fun.

Sandy said...

I'm busy at the office (ahem) and decided to check in on the cats. Don't know how close you're going to be to us but I'm the one waving by the side of the road. No more falls please! Have a wonderful trip - no pun intended.

Mom said...

Poor baby. Be careful! Us older folk have to careful about falls. Have a great visit and drive carefully on the way home.

jan said...

I've heard there are adult diapers that can cut down on potty stops, but can't verify it. They don't fit dogs though. Drive safely.

jan said...

I've heard there are adult diapers that can cut down on potty stops, but can't verify it. They don't fit dogs though. Drive safely.

Sling said...

Damm woman!...We don't wanna lose you to yet another tragic trailer accident.
Hope that knot on yer head, ummm...unknots.
...and you're all out of cocktail onions and Doritos...just sayin'.

Lorraine said...

Rosie, where do you keep the martini glasses?

Take care of your noggin, please.

And I totally felt it when you drove passed my exit. Just saying.

Jennie said...

I hope you have a safe trip Rosemary & Steve!

utenzi said...

You need to take better care of your noggin, Rosemary. It's really a very important area of the bod.

Cazzie!!! said...

California..with flowers in your hair? LOL Lovely :)

Middle Child said...

Enjoy. Nothing better than a road trip...the ace as far as I am concerned...must get my van serviced so I can do one soon...Don and I often did these in the past before he was injured