There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cat tales...and blogger is beyond a butthead.

This is sweet Fuzzie. He is usually every one's friend. Lately he has been a bit testy. Since the kittens arrived....and yes, we are keeping them both to make our feline household total 6 (that's as in six cats).....he and Sophie have been at each other's throats, literally. Fuzz usually tiptoes around Sophie because she is a bit on the bitchy side, but now, he has had enough and is out for fur. Yesterday, they both managed to be out in the playpen at the same time. This almost never happens. Fuzz stationed himself right in front of the kittie door and would not let Sophie in. Period. I won't go into details, but it involved me laying on my stomach on the cement in the playpen with the both of them.





This is Sophie....Fuzzie's arch enemy. She is generally a brat. She hisses at anything that moves and occupies space....flies, spiders, Steve, the kittens, the dogs, air. She will on occasion, nip at me for no reason. But she gets a sharp touch on the end of her nose from my finger and then she will apologize. She is bound and determined to make Fuzzie's life as miserable as possible. It is her job.



FINAL NOTE: I have been really good the last few days; no yelling at Steve, have only said the "F" word once today, have kissed all of the kitties.... but apparently I have not been good enough for blogger. This post will have gone up numerous times before I finished it, may partially post, may not post at all. It won't keep caps in edit mode...I have to go back and do them twice, will not paragraph, forget spellcheck and the worst thing? When I go to look at blogs I get that message screen that says I am not connected to the Internet, can't find blogger or I am just stupid and doing something wrong. So, Steve will look at my computer tonight and see what's up.....if this didn't post then none of you know what's going on and might think I died, but I didn't!!!

13 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

Oh goody! You have 6 cats too just like me. I can't wait to tell my husband. He thinks I'm insane. But they just give me so much gosh darn pleasure. I love speaking for them. I can read their minds you know. Hmmm, maybe I am a little nuts?? Oh well - have fun with your babies.
Julie

cs said...

You kitty queens have stepped over the edge as I have with the Twinkies. It's a pleasant place to be and very safe and cozy, yes? :)

Okay is this blogger thingy a blog blip? or the sounds like a HugesNet blip maybe?

I vote HN.

breathe deep...good girl only 1 F word...good girl!

Auld Hat said...

HAH HAH! Sometimes I wish I had more cats. It's so much entertainment watching them determine ranks. Although, they tend to lose interest in me when they have eachother for company. And I'm all about the love. LOVE ME DAMMIT! That's better.

Lilli & Nevada said...

well i have you both beat i have 10 and a dog. This house is always full of some activity going on. One dog and one cat hate each other with a passion. It keeps us on our toes for sure.
I hope that you get your blip fixed, wonder too if its not your carrier.
Wow that is great only one F word meaning "fun" i am sure LOL..

kenju said...

Sorry about blogger and jealous cats. I have no problems that way, at least lately.

Cazzie!!! said...

LOL, those cats look like they run the place..now, only if they could cook and do the housekeeping , LOL.

Mom said...

I am so glad that you are not dead! Blogger can be a big pain, but the community of friends it has helped me meet helps me from saying too many bad things about them.

Sling said...

I'm glad your not dead.
Oddly enough,the qualities I most detest in people,are the qualities I most admire in cats...

Middle Child said...

Cats make me laugh...and the people who own or live with them make me laugh more...thanks for the many laughs Rosemary!

Jennie said...

Blogger's doing the exact same things with me. Also, if I comment and come back to look at other comments, I can't see any past the one I left. Wha??? Also, when I try to log in, it blinks 9,000 times. I don't think it's your computer Rosemary, unless it's mine too.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sorry you're having computer probs - nothing is more frustrating, IMO. The kitties are soooooo adorable. I just want to hug and kiss on ALL of them.

jan said...

I don't think anything is funnier than watching pets co-habitating and co-existing as each tries to map out its own territory and personality and impose itself on the others. Love your descriptions.

Sandy said...

Hmm, what's in a name? I had a car named Sophie that was kind of bitchy too. We're getting back to what passes for normal here and I have missed checking your blog. And by the way, you're way too entertaining to be allowed to die so even if you missed a blog or two I'd know you were okay.