There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, September 24, 2007

Time and days.....

The laundry is done, the camper emptied and cleaned, kitty hair vacuumed up, Steve has already left on a business trip until Thursday, my head still hurts, the kittens moved to our bedroom for more socialization, the lawn is mowed and Dancing With The Stars was only so-so. Life is back to normal.

I really enjoyed seeing the kids even if it was a short trip. The drive was awful but the destination was what mattered. The weather cooperated but the big rig drivers did not. The grand kids are awesome but the freeway traffic is horrific. Read this statement and know I mean it with every bone in my body and every breath I take from this moment forward.....I will never take another road trip in that truck with the camper where we have to be back by a certain date or else. I will never again sleep in the camper at a rest stop with all of the truckers and their generators. I will never take another trip in that truck with the camper pulling a trailer.

Tomorrow the grandpa post.

7 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

Sounds like an adventure for sure! Always good to get away. Always good to get back home.

Love,
Julie

JessnBekahsmom said...

Well, welcome home, dear! Glad to have you back in blogland! You kinda passed me along the way as well. We waved as you went by! Hope your head gets better. I mean, it will, I just hope it does so quickly. Glad all the babies did well in your absence. If they are anything like mine, they will be giving hugs and kisses for like a week until they are sure mama isn't going anywhere again!

Michele said...

I am glad you are home safe and sound. "Sound" is debatable but safe is what we like to see. That was quite an adventure, I am seeing, and it is obvious that this is something you would dare not to attempt once more. I am sure it will be something you will be discussing for years from now ... get some rest and easy does it on the chores, Ma Kettle, until you feel a bit better. :)

jan said...

And I always finish that litany with "I will never again say never again."

Welcome back to a quiet world of blogging from the excitement of traveling.

gina said...

You know I'm glad you're back! I'm glad you're getting caught up. As for the traveling part - I feel your pain. I hate trips like that, where you blast there and back in too little time. So glad you're safe and sound. Sorry Steve is gone already. That sucks.

more cowbell said...

Sounds like hell on wheels. And not in a good way.

Middle Child said...

Now I know how the noggin is...I fell over about 3 months ago and whaked my head on the floor...no damage ie fits, kept checking the pupils, no headaches... but it still feels odd... a bit sore at times...