There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gobbledegoooooo

We wish all of you a happy, family filled, glorious Thanksgiving. Steve and I will be cooking a turkey and all of the fixings for the two of us....13 pounds of turkey, Steve's nasty dressing with enough onions to do serious breath damage, mashed potatoes, Steve's salad (see dressing ingredient), rolls and some other stuff I have forgotten. The kitties are feeling festive and want to help:

Sophie is taking a little nap in the kitten toy basket trying to decide if she wants light or dark meat.


From left to right, Fuzz supervising, Emma making mashies and Guido dreaming of pie.

This is what our turkey will look like; little red thingies for garnish and orange slices. The gravy is perfect because it came out of a jar (I don't know how to make gravy) and all of the heirloom crystal will surround the bird.

My table will be set to perfection with everything matching....even the wine seems to be green; hum wonder what the issue is there? Did I hear someone say I lifted these pix from a picture site? Why, it seems that I did, but no matter because this is exactly what our table will look like minus only a few items....like cloth napkins and place mats and maybe the green dinnerware. BUT, I have issued a proclamation! NO PAPER PLATES, no sir, only ceramic this year. Gobble, gobble to you all.




14 comments:

kenju said...

Rosemary, I think the cat outgrew the basket!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lorraine said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Rosie!!!!! Muuuah!

Jennie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rosemary and Steve. I am allowed to wish that for you, right? ;) You've just reminded me, I must send Stan out for some wine. Oh and guess what? We just found out today that my niece has a case of head lice, so I suggested we have a "Wear Your Favorite Knit Cap to Thanksgiving" Thanksgiving! It's always something. So, don't forget to can add not having head lice to your long list of things for which you are thankful! ~:o)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Happy Thanksgiving and I think I know what types of turkey the cats' want: all of it. Especially the nasty bits that no humans will eat.

jan said...

Have a great day. I'm sure next year your food will be featured all over the internet.

Joan said...

You're a brave woman to use ceramic plates to entertain. My family always brings out the "good" china which is actually plastic made to look like Lenox china. Works for us every time!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and make sure you take photos of that beautiful table of yours with all the glorious food!

Sling said...

Did the kitties drop the dead bird on your doorstep?..No matter...They should still get a fair portion of the feast!
Happy Thnaksgiving to you and your family Rosie!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Rosemary, i wish you and Steve a happy Thanksgiving as well. I love the table setting, I will be fixing dinner for 7 won't be anything that fancy on my table. I don't even have a kitchen table big enough to sit seven it will be a real tight fit. So will have to roll the table in the living room and borrow chairs out of the rooms.Been so long that i fixed a turkey i hope i remember how. Might have to get on the internet tonight just to see how it is done.

Weather is really cold here, freezing fog, Son went to Portland to pick up kids, said he is in bumper to bumper grid lock, hasn't even picked up son yet, been there since 4. How is weather in your neck of the woods?

Dan said...

Look at those sweet little kitties! :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Rosemary. Thanks for those kind words you left me today. Hugs.

Mom said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. May your hearts be filled with gratitude and your tummy full of too much turkey.

Cazzie!!! said...

Yummmm :) HAve a great time :)

TK Kerouac said...

yummy, love your cats

Nunnie's Attic said...

Rosemary - I hope that your Thanksgiving was a wonderful as you and that your stretch pants are working for ya!

Love,
Julie

Auld Hat said...

Happy Belated Turkey Day! I hope the kitties were big helpers. SweetPea is not speaking to me right now. Got any extra turkey to send this way? Seems I am a horrible mother.