There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Thursday, November 15, 2007

memememememememe...me

Clean up news: We had a skiff of snow on the ground this morning at 6:30AM. It is 34 now and raining. Winter is here I guess. I'm taking my usual MUTT'S approach; "See you in April." I'm not stopping blogging, just any outside activity that requires I get behind the wheel of a car.

Dave at utenzi tagged me for a meme. It is a simple one thankfully because that's about all I think I can handle......I need simple.

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player list 6 facts/habits/secrets about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


D. rosemary declares that you can change the rules any way you want.


My 6 facts/habits/secrets:


1. When Steve is on the road working I never sit in the living room like the two of us do when he is home. It makes me cry to be there by myself. I sit at the kitchen table, TV on and read, check blogs or email.


2. I read and eat. I am not a sit down and just read person....I have to keep my hands busy and usually eat sunflower seeds and drink a diet Coke while I read.



3. I spend way too much time thinking about all of the bad things I have done over the years. This thinking has gotten/gets in the way of enjoying my life.



4. I clean my house every day to make up for the things I think about in #3. My immediate environment is the one thing I can control. I figure if I am cleaning my house then my mind is momentarily cleansed of my bad deeds at the same time.



5. I hate my car and want to get rid of it. We can't afford that at the moment so I am stuck with the POS.



6. I have considered more than once to stop blogging.



I would like to tag.....eviltwinswife , lilli , ummm..Angela. If they don't want to do the list meme then they can just say no thanks and KIS.

14 comments:

Auld Hat said...

Well you can't stop blogging so let's just remove that from the kitchen table right now. Also, woohoo! A meme for me!!!
Is Steve gone again? Sigh. Someone needs to put some glue on the bottom of his shoes.

rosemary said...

Yup, he left Tuesday and will be home late tonight. It was hard for him to leave...FINALLLY. See what the Middle East and Hong Kong can do? Glue sounds good.

utenzi said...

Sub-rule D looks new, Rosemary. Ha! Like you, I can't seem to read without eating something. It's a habit I developed at a young age in an attempt to gain weight. Didn't work then, sure works now!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Okay, I clean a lot, but not every day - and it is a control freak issue with me (what can I say? same name, etc.), but I do not ever eat while reading - I don't want cheeto fingers on my book pages! LOL.

Thanks for the tag... I've been double tagged for this one (you'll both get credit and get to see my list tomorrow!). :-) Love ya!

kenju said...

#3? I used to do that too. But then I realized the past is over and cannot be changed, so you ask forgiveness from God and other people (if they are around) and then let bygones be bygones.

kenju said...

and P.S. You remember that you are not that person now, and you have value and are good! You are!

Sling said...

..let me refer you to paragraph 3,article VII of the blogger's code,which states..
"You don't get to stop blogging!"..
..sorry...It's the rules.

jp said...

Sling makes valid point. I've seen the Blogger's code. It's permanent.

Mom said...

You can not stop blogging because I said so, and because I'm the mom that's why.
It's almost Thanksgiving. Start counting your blessings and let the rest go. You are a different person now on a different road. Forgive yourself.

Mom said...

If it would make you feel better you can come and clean my house.

Lorraine said...

You really should forgive yourself, RoRo. God did a long time ago.

more cowbell said...

Let me just echo others' comments here: do not stop blogging. Seriously. I know where you live. Well, not the exact address, but I could find out within 5 minutes. Do not make me come out there, young lady.

Everyone's bloghouse is unique and adds something that no one else does. Yours is a voice I would miss very much if it went away.

madretz said...

I would miss you much much too much if you left blogging. please don't. your wit cracks me up.

Middle Child said...

Oh Rosemary please please please don't drink diet soda... please take the time to read this and understand waht artificial sweeteners do to us...

http://www.mercola.com/forms/sweet_misery.htm

There is a DVD called Sweet Misery... but luckily I had stopped years before... I used to drink the filth myslef thinking I can drink this till the cows come home and won't put on weight... now I don't drink any soda drinks at all bar Indian Tonic water which had Quinine in it for heart health and is a great mixer. You can add real lime or lemon to it and no calories. Just take care with the other stuff please.