There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, December 22, 2007

And a few more Christmas pictures......

I have not one clue as to where this picture was taken or the year....but....that is my first grandchild, Christopher, in the picture with me. Nice tree. Looks like there are lots of presents to go around and I look like I am having a good time. That was a good year, which ever year it was.



This picture was taken in California, umm in 2002 or '03. We are at my youngest son's home and if I remember correctly we all gave each other sentimental gifts that year. Sachi was a toddler, Tyler was growing up to be a football player and Steve and I were getting greyer and greyer. That was a good year for sure.



This was our tree last year. We cut it down in our forest and it looked beautiful and full there. Inside, not so much. Obviously Santa had not arrived yet....no gifts!!!


We had Christopher (yes, the same Christopher in the first picture) on the right, and AnthonEy with us last year. It was wonderful having kids in the house. They both loved the snow, relaxed, ate and slept the time away. I wish it was last year again.




The circle of love in our family continues to turn. The kittens are growing, Steve is home, the sun popped out for about 30 seconds and the ice on the driveway melted. All is quiet at Momikat's home in Idaho.


Some of you may not know, but I was born and raised in Southern California. I lived there until 1998 when we moved to Idaho full time. While I may crab and complain about the snow in Idaho (and pretty much everything else) it seems to me that snow in December at this particular time in December is the way God intended it to be. All I knew at Christmas time was sun and rain. Now, seeing the first snow of winter can really be a beautiful thing; seeing it melt in March or April is also beautiful. So, from me to you, all of my wonderful blog friends, I wish you the happiest of times this Christmas and a bountiful New Year.








12 comments:

cs said...

Hi Ro:
Merry Christmas northern friend.
Thank you for stopping by. I am sad today and going back to bed and pulling the covers over my head.
Yesterday was such a good day, but alas today is grim adn dismal...no cheer, holiday spirit or laughing going on. HHM is cranky, he had to go on an emergency service call, my chocolate stollen turned out to be a crumbly mess, the new doggy door doesn't fit...I'd rather be a work at this point....
as for family--aint' none left so to speak, so there you have it in a poopy nutshell. Hoping tomorrow is better...and at least yours is good...amen sister!

kenju said...

Merry Christmas, Rosemary! I love your pics, especially the last one!

Dan said...

I love your photos Rosemarie! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Cazzie!!! said...

That last image is just outstanding, I love it!

Ex-Shammickite said...

I love the pic of Steve in the pink heart, is that a new addition yo your blog or have I just been unobservant?

Sling said...

Heartwarming pictures and sentiments as always rosemary!..
Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas,and many more fond memories to come.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Merry Christmas, Rosemary! Love the pics.

Mom said...

How you have anything but a merry Christmas when you live with Santa Claus and have a beautiful winter wonderland outside you window.
Merry Christmas my friend.

more cowbell said...

Ah, Rosemary ... a merry merry to you, and all your progeny, bipeds and quadripeds. I love your pictures, as always.

Jennie said...

I love your pictures...that white snowy Christmas is beautiful. We're having a clear blue Christmas, 47 degrees, over here on the east coast. Oh well. My kids will probably get one or two white Christmases in their childhood.

Ex-Shammickite said...

It's Christmas Day here in Canada, the sky is grey, and the sun is hiding behind the clouds. It's cold and there are remnants of last weeks snowstorm still on the ground, making it a rather muddy white Christmas. But it's a lovely day, and I wish you and your family all the best, and may 2008 be a good year for you.
ex-shammy

Middle Child said...

Happy new year... a bit late with Christmas... I have to admit that Christmas in Summer is all our family has known since the 1840's so summer seems natural to us and is... its reality for us...prawns and salads nad scummer clothes...etc etc...love it