There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Drama Queen

Awhile back I had loaded some pictures in for future posts. Might as well bring them out while I languish in computer hell surrounded by old, dirty snow and ice.

Here I am looking like I don't know what. This had to be my best attempt at de-frizzing my hair and looking stylish at the same time. My hair was auburn from a bottle. After I entered high school my hair was never its natural color until 2 years ago when I gave up trying to cover my gray. My eyebrows were perfectly plucked and pencil arched and I must have had blood red lipstick on that day. I remember the sweater. It was green and soft and I loved it. Funny because I can't stand anything around my neck now and the sweater has a mock turtle neck.

I am standing in back of my mom's car, a 1952 Powerglide Chevy that I was allowed to drive. Two years later I would become a mother.

I can't bring up blogs on this antique computer including mine so let me know if I spelled everything correctly and if the post looks OK. Miss reading all of you... 3 days to go!




14 comments:

jan said...

You look a little stricken in the bottom picture, like you had a sudden glimpse of the future and it had snow in it.

Hang in there.

Sandy said...

I'm loving the brows! Freehand or stencils?

Mom said...

You were lovely then. Now you are a more experienced lovely.
It's funny the details we remember.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Ah you look great, and for spelling, it all looks ok to me, my motto is if i can make out what your saying its all ok. But i do know some people really hate it when people don't spell right or punctuate in the right places, and capitalize, like me who never seem to get my i's capitalized.
By the way Happy Valentine's Day hope you had a good day.

Ex-Shammickite said...

I think you look like a typical young lady of the time. I think I have a photo of me just like that, only my sweater was yellow and we didn't own a car.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Beautiful. Love the eyebrows (I'm a pluck-o-holic). And the sweater is so cute - you too!

kenju said...

I love the brows too. I wish I still had some!

more cowbell said...

You know, somehow teenagers from that time period look so much more mature than the teenagers today -- regardless of how hard the teens today try to look grown up.

In the first pic, you look like a typical teenager. In the second, you look suddenly wiser, like you've had some sort of realization of what life holds.

I like how the car says "Glide" on the back.

Jennie said...

So sweet. A mom two years later, wow. My niece, who turned 20 13 days ago, will be a mom any day now. That'll make me a great aunt. Well, I was great before, but...What about that spellcheck on blogger? I cannot get it to work. I'm 43 and I'm just beginning to consider hair color. Never thought I would and I feel like a trader, but my temples are graying and it's making me nervous!

Sling said...

You make a lovely sweater girl indeed!

Chandler said...

Oh those are cute :) I love the sweater.

Auld Hat said...

Pretty (:

madretz said...

These are fantastic photos. You are beautiful through and through.

Chris said...

You were a knockout, bet you still are...