There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, February 18, 2008

I bow to the wow...but only one bow.

The satellite dishes are UP!! Lots of details about their re-birth but that is boring stuff. There are still a few wireless glitches to work out because we are on a new satellite and HughesNet is giving us some grief over wanting to keep the same email addresses....well, DUH we want the same addresses! But, I can bitch louder than they can be nice so we will keep the same ones in the end!



I know you all want to know what I did without DirectTV and HughesNet, right? Well, I watched the one antenna TV station we could get and it is the local ABC station, KXLY. I am sick of hearing The Lukens' husband and wife team and their laughs. All the weather person, Chris Crocker, could talk about was snow. Enough!!!!



I read 3 books, moved furniture in the snorage room and changed my computer desk from the antique pull down (because I was really causing stress on the desk top with leaning on it) to the actual computer desk. I put the antique desk in the entry. I listened to Jackson, Joni and Amy..... a lot. I cleaned the great room really well because my daughter is coming Saturday for a short visit. I was sick twice, stayed home because I am frozen with fear of driving in the snow, went to the neighbors for dinner, played with the kitties and doggies, talked on the phone, got my housework done early every day because all I had was stupid cranky dial up and an ancient computer, and ate. Pretty interesting I think.



I am going to try to read everyone's blogs tonight. I won't even attempt to catch up because it has been 3 weeks of non blog reading. I have missed all of you and am just glad to be sort of back. Here are some pictures of the great pole-water-dish event of 2008!





Here is the $981.20 water fix-it. See the white pipe sticking up? Nice.


Next is the 6x6x16 foot pole with its cute roof and the new wireless dish! We shoveled a lot of snow to clear that area. And yes, that is SUN!!!!

Here is the DirectTV dish. To the left of the new dish is the old dish arm. The TV guy tried mounting the new dish on the old arm but it he couldn't get a signal. Maybe I'll hang a plant on the old arm this summer. In the foreground is what's left of the old shelter.



11 comments:

Catsy said...

hi there.. great blog.. hope u could also drop by my place and xlinks.. :-) hope u will have a great day today..

kenju said...

I've missed you, Rosemary, but I know how hard it is to try to catch up to that much time away.
Good luck, enjoy your new TV capabilities and fast access!

Speck said...

Glad to have you back in blogtopia! Was beginning to get seriously worried that you had frozen into an enormous ice block. Glad to know you are still alive and kickin'. Welcome back!

jan said...

It sounds like you've been spending your days much like our pioneer ancestors did. Glad it's over for you and you are back to the right century.

Nunnie's Attic said...

Well no one can say that you weren't productive. You even managed to throw in some sick time. Welcome back!

Love,
Julie

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Yay! You're back. I'm so happy!!!

Jennie said...

I missed you...maybe I should have some of those kinds of days. They sound kind of fun in an "olden days" kind of way.

more cowbell said...

well, I'll just say it -- I'm glad the fuckery is over. Good riddance. Welcome back.

CRAIG & DIANE said...

Glad to have you back in Internet Land, it was lonely without you! You would think for about $1,000 you could have at least had a little more bling to it than white plastic! Happy for you that life is somewhat returning to normal.

Sandy said...

Re keeping the same email address - my money's on you and I mean that in the nicest way. Curious as to what three books you read. And hugs to your daughter - I know how much you will enjoy her visit and she will probably see this whole thing as a great adventure. Welcome Back!

Middle Child said...

Wow Rosemary.... you have a "snorage" room...where do I get one of those...sounds lovely... what do you do on there? Snore...hahahaha?