There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's raining it's pouring my old man was snoring.....

A record: 9 minutes to log on and get into blogger. Rapid dial up today.

It's 36 degress and raining. Mixed news. The huge snow mounds have already melted a bit over the last few days. The temps have been in the 30's and it has been overcast, no snow. The mounds resemble Yurts.

We have water, we have DirectTV again but no DVR. The technician that came yesterday mumbled stuff like splitter, one line not two, idiot. Seems the guy that came in 12/06 that works for the same company as the guy that was here yesterday did a big No-No. So, we have to call Monday and get a second line put in so the DVR will work. Am I irratated? You betcha. Did the DVR work before the crash? Yes, it did.

The excavator/well guys were here Thursday. They used a backhoe to dig up the yard and dug and dug but couldn't find the main water line. Steve wanted a valve put in at the main and the line he punctured. We had the drawings from when the building went up in 89/90 and pictures of the placement but no luck finding the line. So, they had to dig up where the break was and just put in a valve there and we will have to dig up the yard again in spring. Part of the problem was where the old dish structure was standing. There was little snow under the structure so there was a frost line and the backhoe just couldn't get through it. Oh, well...literally.

The pole is in for the wireless. That guy will be here the 16th at 10 AM. We had a guy/friend/runs a business for odd jobs here Friday to help Steve get the pole up. He was a HUGE help and the neighbor came yesterday and helped with the finish work. Steve is at Home Depot with the check book looking for "pole stuff." Worrisome.

The roads are beyond a mess. I had to go to the Library and the market yesterday and we were in the He-Man truck and were still sliding and slipping all over the roads. Highway 95 is OK but the side roads are slushy, wet, and dangerous. We saw 3 cars off the road on Division Street and 2 on Cedar. We couldn't stop to help because then we would have been in the ditch right behind them.

In case you are wondering; is this spring? That would be no. It is a really early teaser....I hope. Spring needs to ease in slowly and take its time other wise that 4 letter word flood is what's next (is that 4 letters?)

The dial up desk top computer I am using is the one I used before I got my laptop. I started blogging on this computer, used it and the same printer to scan pictures and read blogs. Why did it work OK to do that stuff back then and won't now? I can't get blogger spell check, if someone has posted a picture, a video, a YouTube video or anything other than just type the blog is one big blur. I can't attach anything to an email, can't load pictures on my blog now but I could last week....what's the deal? Counting today and hoping everything goes perfectly I have 7 more days of this computer crap. It can't go fast enough.

17 comments:

Mom said...

I get tired just reading about life in Idaho in the winter. Here's hoping that spring makes a nice gradual return. In the meanwhile stay safe and stay warm. Wrmer days are coming.

Sling said...

My gawd..Dial up speed is exactly like Chinese water torture.
Yer like,"Just kill me now!"
I haven't been able to get blogger's spell check to work lately either.hopefully,they'll straighten that out soon.

cs said...

I am still on dial-up. Can't get the fast stuff over here yet...want to get one of those bundles with phone, tv, and internet in one deal...but who knows how long that will take.

Lots of meltdown going on over here and yes, floods will be sure to happen...spring is coming early according to the almanac. Get the mud boots out! I got some waders for the Twinkies.

Hang in there Ro..keep breathing....in...out...in ...

kenju said...

I remember dial-up. I sure hope I don't ever have to have it again.

Rosemary, I still don't know how you do it there!

Sandy said...

Huge snow mounds that resemble yurts and you're still on dial-up and can't send pictures? Well, seven days and counting. Keep safe and stay off those roads!

Ex-Shammickite said...

I feel your pain, Rosemary!
Would a big box of chocolates help? It's Valentines Day in a couple of days.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Dial up - arrgh! Can't imagine gong back to that. Hang in there.

Chandler said...

Hello... it's been a while. I too hope spring makes a gradual return for you. Out in California it has done no such thing. I hope things are well otherwise and here's to hoping you don't flood!!!
Chandler

jan said...

You're surprisingly upbeat considering what you are going through. I admire your fortitude and love that you can somehow keep a sense of humor.

Eat lots of chocolates. Eating chocolate under stress gives no calories.

Auld Hat said...

Okay Jan is brilliant. Hi mom!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh gosh it has been a long time that i was on dial up and can't imagine going back to it after being on cable.
Snow has almost all melted here too, just have some ice patches in the parking lot,

Jennie said...

Gee, it's like reading Little House on the Prairie all over again Rosemary! My kids are already disappointed, sure that we're not getting snow this year and you're hoping for spring. It's bitter cold here, but no white stuff.

more cowbell said...

Goodgawd, STILL?! Seriously, just reading about your winter makes me want to high tail it for Arizona. Hang in there. Oh, and to further the chocolate commentary, dark chocolate is actually known to improve your health, and it goes with red wine, which is also directly linked to longevity and fantastic sex lives of the Europeans, so both of those combined WITH the no-calories-under-stress thing ... eat the chocolate.

Ex-Shammickite said...

We're in the middle of yet another snowstorm here< so the roads will be nasty in the morning for everyone on their way to work. My grandbaby is 2 days overdue so I'm praying for cleared roads when the time comes for the hospital run.

Ex-Shammickite said...

That's weird... it saved my comment but sent me a message that it couldn't save it... oh well!

mart said...

Rosemarys-attic

Rosemarys-arctic

Martyn x

Kimberly Ann said...

I'm sure you are sick of hearing it, but hang in there (hug).