There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, February 04, 2008

Update3

Update 3: Steve is not leaving tomorrow. The pole building where there is a ton of junk under the roof and a ton of snow literally on the roof has a sagging roof. A tree has fallen on the roof, nothing is sliding off and the ginormous beam that is the center hold of the building is groaning. Blogger takes at least a half an hour to load a picture so I am not going to take the time to try and do that. Steve is out trying to cut a path to the back of the pole building so we can maybe dig some of the snow out and encourage the roof to let the snow fall off.

We have someone coming Friday at an outrageous price to help Steve raise the post so the internet dish can go up hopefully the 16th. We are still counting on Saturday the 9th to be the TV dish installation project. But, in the meantime we have a lot of snow to move and relocate.

This weekend was help your neighbor days.....so Steve, being the best neighbor, went out to clear mail boxes. He got stuck, had to walk home (one of the neighbors whose box he had dug out drove by and waved as he trudged back home) and we drove back to dig and pull the tractor out. Yep, two old farts out in the mess with shovels, kitty litter and me driving the truck with the tow chain. Til some other day.......

10 comments:

kenju said...

Rosemary, this winter may make Steve decide he needs warmer climes, huh? I would be way too old for all that working in the snow - and you are getting there too. How about cutting bait now, while you can?

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh this winter wonderland that we all seem to be having is surely hard on the old bodies isn't it?
But i think you surely have had more snow than us.

Sandy said...

Nice of the neighbor to wave! I don't think a trip to Antarctica would have this much adventure/adversity. Keep safe.

more cowbell said...

I think you should bury the neighbor's mailbox, and put one of those waving bobblehands on top.

Goodness, Rosemary ... that's just too much. If I could send you some of our lukewarm rain to melt things into an ugly slush, I would. Hang in.

Nunnie's Attic said...

Well it's supposed to hit 60 degrees with thunderstorms all day around here. That should melt some snow right? But I can only send it to you today because on Thursday it's supposed to snow again.

Steve's a good guy. And I'm hoping the guy who waved truly didn't know any better. But I'd mention it...

Love,
Julie

jp said...

I've had it with trees falling on houses and snow burying people and people getting run over by snowplows and no tv and no internet and too many bears and mooses.

I'm going to go house hunting for you in Omaha.

utenzi said...

Back when I lived up near Canada as a youth, I saw more than a few roofs collapse on barns. That snow sure can carry a lot of weight. I hope the snow doesn't foul up your Internet and Cable plans, Rosemary.

gina said...

And for everyone's enlightenment, it started snowing HARD again today, and it's supposed to continue through tomorrow until 10 AM. Ugh.

Rosemary, if I could do anything to help, I'd be there in a heartbeat! If you do need help, CALL ME! I'll do what I can. At least I don't have to worry about my roof anymore, just The Spouse driving up and down the highway and along all those narrow back roads.

Ex-Shammickite said...

AArrrgghhh it all sound too much to bear! You've had TONS of snow. Way too much. I hope you can get the roof cleared before it warms up and rains, then the snow would get much heavier with all the water.... I'll be checking in for your next update, meanwhile, my fingers (and toes) are crossed for good luck....

Kimberly Ann said...

Wowza, I can't even imagine this kind of weather. I hope spring comes early for you guys.