There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Sunday, March 23, 2008

Attention WallieWorld Customers:

Hello,, My name is rosemary and I have been on blogger timeout. Long story and I really don't want to talk about it even with those of you I am closest to.......it is weird, it hurts. Sorry.

So, attention! The thought of losing my entire blog just about did me in. I don't back my blog up and I don't post from a Word document. That has changed. I'm backing it up!!!

Moving right along....more snow in my little corner of the world, but there are a few places in the good old United States that do recognize and celebrate spring with color. Visit kenju and you will be filled with all of the glory that is spring. She even has VIOLETS!

We took a walk yesterday in between snow showers and it seems the garden fence will need substantial repairs when the snow finally does melt. Another causality of the big winter of '07 and '08 is the apple tree my son and granddaughter planted some years back. I cried about that loss. We were planning on buying a sister/brother tree this summer when they visit. Guess we will just have to buy two trees!

This is the garden....doubt we will be doing much planting this year.




Top post slipped a tad......ummhum.

A little fracture there; might need a cast or arm replacement.

See the twig in the center of the garden? It is actually laying sideways and that twig used to be the top of a Sweet Sixteen apple tree. Sniff, sniff. Can a 2 foot apple tree with the top broken off come back to life?

Garden underground where secret planting happens.

13 comments:

Mom said...

Hello Rosemary.
I am glad you did not lose your blog. That would be too sad for words.
I am also very glad that the comments section has returned. For the last several days there was no way I could figure out how to comment. All of the comments had disappeared off your blog. We both know how wonderful it is to read comments.
Looks like you have a long wait for spring to reach Idaho. I have faith that the snow will melt. I am betting that the stump of an apple tree will grow again.

jan said...

We once had lightning strike an apple tree. In the spring the half that wasn't hit came back to life and by the next year you couldn't even tell that it had been hit. Trees can do amazing recoveries.

I want to hear your blog story.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I will send good vibes to your apple tree. Whenever Spring reaches you, you can post another picture of it. :-)

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh my gosh that is so much snow, your right i don't think you will have much of a garden, it will take forever to get rid of that snow.
Gosh how did you back up the blog i don't think i have done that either. i always wondered if you can print it out.

kenju said...

I'm so glad you are back among us, Rosemary! Thanks for the link (although not necessary). You must be really tired of snow. I'd be in the loony bin by now if I had that much.

more cowbell said...

I've been on timeout too.

Sending you good thoughts, the generic kind that apply to every possible weirdness.

Here's wishing for a nice spring for you -- sure looks like you need it.

I don't even know how to back up my blog ... I guess I should find out.

Ex-Shammickite said...

I have no idea how to do a blog back up.... are you giving lessons, Rosemary?
P.S. we had another inch of S**W overnight.

rosemary said...

Hi all: I hope the tree survives. My son saw the pic I posted and doesn't hold out much hope. Sigh. As for the back up issue. Of course I am a back up dolt. Steve did it using one of those little stick things you put in the USB (?) port and backed up the whole 2+ years of blog posts. I know a lot of people write their posts in Word and then paste to blogger...good way to always have a copy but if you don't back up your computer which I don't then all is lost if the computer decides to die. With the stick, I will have it no matter what.

Jennie said...

Okay, between you and Paul, I guess I'm going to have to back up my blog now. I had never considered the possibilities. The kids use those little plastic stick things in school, I have no idea what the blazes they are. Luke used one last week for his power point presentation - in 5th grade! =:O
I'm sorry about your snow. I do not envy you now that spring is coming on here. It looks like fun for the winter, but round these parts March is spring. Today is my anniversary and it snowed on my wedding day, a very light covering. That was beautiful, but your snow...is overwhelming. March is a tough month for me mentally for some reason - I can't imagine what you're going through!
{{Rosemary}}

jp said...

The snow wiped out your comments too? Is there no end to this fuckery?

Sandy said...

I'm hoping the tree survives - too special not to.

Middle Child said...

Goodness me you do have heavy snow...beautiful photos... it must be so chilly...yes plant two for every one that falls.

Middle Child said...

Opps... forgot...so pleased your blog survive... I think I would be really upset to lose mine...it has seen me through the many wee small hours when sleep is impossible... and then finally the porpr sleep pattern returns.