There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Monday, March 17, 2008

Help Wanted: Detailing, please

I stenciled this....THE IRISH BLESSING....on the wall of our entry way in 1999. Happy St. Patrick's Day!




EvilTwinsWife also known as a Glam Hausfrau, has tagged me. I need to list 5 things about me. Well folks, you all know how boring I am and the most exciting things I do on any given day is either bitch about the snow that seems to still be falling 4 days before spring, and take pictures of the dogs or cats.

So, never one to follow rules I am gonna change it up a bit. Anyone can take the tag and either go with what I do or change it yet again to make it more exciting.

I am going to list 5 things I wish I could do or someone would do for me:


1. I wish I could spend some time with the Dali Lama. I would have questions prepared, ask him about the current state of miserable affairs in Tibet and listen to his answers....maybe tape them....and try to figure out what he was really saying after the meeting. I think just sharing oxygen with this man would bring a feeling of peace to my troubled soul....and yes, it is really troubled.

2. I wish someone would send in my name and be sure it was chosen for a makeover on Oprah. I look horrible. I cut my own curly, thinning hair, have no idea how to apply makeup anymore because after all applying makeup to a smooth surface is quite different from applying it to a wrinkled surface. The only fashion taste I have is in handbags and my daughter would even question that. I need detailing.

3. I wish someone would send in my name and be sure it was chosen for a kitchen and bath makeover on HGTV. They are sad, sad places. Both are 19 years old. They contain used cabinets, cheap (and I mean cheap) floors and mis-matched appointments....I am LMAO with that phrase. We can't even begin to afford fixing these areas. Sigh.

4. I would love to drive.... not ride in.....either an Indy car (anyone remember Danny Ongias and the Interscope car/team?) or a John Force dragster.....any kind of dragster; alcohol, funny car.....whatever is available.

5. I would love to have a second home near my kids and with that I would move my oldest son back "home" to California with a nice job and his own home. Simple.

OK, now someone take the tag and use my change of a wish list or do something else....list things you did before you were 10 or 16, or list some exciting things you have done....just have fun. Please.

8 comments:

kenju said...

I like the way you changed the meme. I was with you up until #4. I don't want that, but I sure do want #1,2,&3!!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Good job! You look great to me, but if you do get picked for Oprah, take me too, so I can meet you!

Lilli & Nevada said...

Yup i would love to have it all as well.
I love the poem on the wall, that was really a lot of work to put that writing on there, did you do that free hand?

rosemary said...

come on Judy...be a little daring!

You're on RO.

Lilli...no, it was a laser cut stencil. It is fun to do and this one was particularly fun because we had just gotten home from Ireland. I just this last weekend painted over the stencil that matched the border on the Blessing that was all along the stair way.

Kimberly Ann said...

Nice switch up on the meme. I like your wish to drive a racecar. You wild Rosemary, you.

Jennie said...

1. I wish never to be in a race car...The Dalai Lama, sheesh, he looks like the happiest man I wish you could meet him.

Sandy said...

What a beautiful blessing to have on your entry wall - pretty talented for someone who keeps saying she isn't. ;-)I once saw an interview with the Dalai Lama and his joy kept escaping in giggles. He exudes such a loving, peaceful spirit. Oprah could give me and my kitchen a makeover.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.