There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Sunday, April 20, 2008

An anniversary.

One year ago today, SweetPea found me. The whole spring and summer of 2007 revolved around Pea and her babies. Some days I went out to Pea's little nest in the pole building 7 and 8 times. I loved her; I still do. Her little paw print will be on my heart forever. She is living the high life now in a place where she is happy, has lots of love and the life she deserves. Kiss, kiss SweetPea.
Because of SweetPea I have these two wonderful little kittens in my life now. Steve and I swore to each other we would not get attached to Pea or the kittens. We wanted to find them good homes and feel OK about letting them go. Steve fell in love with crazy Emma Lee and I fell in love with 3 steps forward 2 steps back Guido Fortunato. They keep us active, make us laugh, and warm us at night. Kiss, kiss my babies.

11 comments:

jan said...

So now they're all grown up and truly beautiful cats. I'm sure you are doing well as their staff.

kenju said...

I love black (and white) cats!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow and change? They're all so beautiful!

Jennie said...

Those are some beautiful cats! You do make me wish we could have some of our own.

cs said...

OKay let me tell you this is the custest ever! A real framer. These critters just take over everything and they know it too!

Flash**** snow here...and you?

Mom said...

I love the joy I see when you talk about Pea and the kittens.

Auld Hat said...

That little knucklehead. I'm so glad she came into my life, and I'm sure if you cornered her when she thought I couldn't hear, she would say the same for me (:
Love those kittens. HOLY CRAP! They are too adorable.

Sandy said...

The Sweet Pea Saga - I couldn't wait to check your blog for updates. Glad she's in a wonderful place and living the high life. Her babies are beautiful!

Sling said...

Was that a year ago??
I remember it like it was yesterday.
Cats like me,so I like them back.

madretz said...

a year already? wow. well, kiss kiss to the whole bunch of you.

Middle Child said...

I remember all of this. Its such a good thing to see a happy thing happen... lovely cats...and lovely you and Steve also.