There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, May 27, 2008

California is......

......time spent on the freeways.....

...high gas prices that had reached $4.15 on Sunday the 25th...


.......about a father and his youngest daughter....

.....a much loved daughter and grandson..... ......a granddaughter that likes Hip Hop dancing....
.....a grandson with his proud dad and papa laughing.....


......a granddaughter that writes God Bless You on special cards.....



....a daughter that has achieved a college degree.....
....an adorable grandson with his not girlfriend.......


...a handsome grandson with his for sure girlfriend.....
....a son in law that makes me laugh and loves my daughter beyond words.....
....a beautiful daughter with her son.....
....a grandson taking pictures of his Gigi taking pictures...WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE! Is that a tattoo???? on his arm?


.......a little grandson that is like sunshine.....

....a sweet granddaughter that loves gymnastics and Gigi....and violets....
....a handsome son and a beautiful daughter in law.....
.......where I used to live.....a house that we sold for $181K in 1998 is now listed for $525K......

......where I first worked as a nurse......a long time ago.......


....where family lunches can be more fun than I thought.......
.......what I leave behind and come back to Idaho and a yard full of these.......



....and grass that has lovely patches of these......



....and five of these.......


....yup, I am home....at least in the house where I live. I miss my kids and grand kids a lot. Sometimes I wish I had never left smoggy, crowded, crazy California where those that I love the most are......

22 comments:

Mom said...

What a beautiful family! I know you ate up every minute of time with all of them.
We missed you. Welcome home.

madretz said...

It sounds like you had a wonderfully heartfelt visit back to CA. I bet it was hard saying goodbye. But I can tell that even thru all the miles that separate you, the love still pours out in buckets.

kenju said...

Great photos! That trip must have been a real shot in the arm for you. I have really missed your posts and visits, so welcome back!

Ex-Shammickite said...

It's hard to say goodbye to friends and family after such a wonderful trip.... but coming home to your house and your kitties has it's charms too! But it's not really "Goodbye"... it's "Until the next time, folks!"

jan said...

Great photo essay of a trip back in time and space. Idaho has a charm that California will never have. Glad all went well on your trip.

Jennie said...

Looks like a great time Rosemary. Does that little gymnast granddaughter look a little like you??? Glad you're home safe, I've missed you.

Chris said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family! Such a beautiful family.

Joan said...

There's nothing like visiting with wonderful family to make a vacation the best. Glad your time here in California was so terrific!

CRAIG & DIANE said...

Welcome Home. While you were gone we were in Sandpoint making a delivery. So happy you had a great time and such wonderful memories to share with us all.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

What a wonderful, beautiful family you have! And it looked like SUCH a good time, too! I'm glad you're back - safe and sound - and I'm sure your feline babies are too.

Sandy said...

The pictures are beyond wonderful. It's obvious your family missed you as much as you missed them. Congratulations Stephanie! Now, did you get any sleep while you were there? BTW, gas has gone up again.

cs said...

Your pix are great. I really enjoyed them. Thanks Ro. We left CA and never looked. It's different when it's only the 2 of you. I have a brother I still email every day, but probably the next time we see each other, one of us will be going underground. I never want to go back there....way too smoggy and crowded. Having no kids of our own, except the Corgi's, we are at peace up here. Of course our real home is yet to come and that we look forward to.

It is nice seeing your family--makes me smile. Thanks Ro.

jp said...

You were in 0 of those pictures, and that is wrong.

Welcome home.

jp said...

Never mind, I think I found you. But I had to get out my magnifying glass.

Sling said...

I tried counting your blessings,but lost track around 20.
Maybe I'll just lump them all under 'Family'..

panthergirl said...

Oh, I loved seeing the photo essay!!!

Kimberly Ann said...

Lovely pix. I bet you had a wonderful trip but your happy kitties must have made coming home good too.

Auld Hat said...

That made me happy (:

Middle Child said...

What a family - you would know how lucky you are - all those shining eyes and all those smiles and all because of your caring for them in their childhood - lovely stuff Rosemary

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh Rosemary, it looks like everyone was having such a good time and congrat's to the daughter. By the way i love the colors in the house, what was the color in the entrance?

Miss Healthypants said...

I enjoyed this photo journey through your California trip. You seem to have a very lovely family! *smiles*

Jerry in Tampa said...

OUTSTANDING pictures of a beautiful family! You are very blessed! And an awesome cat! You have a wonderful blog - glad I found you and I will be back!

Michelle sent me...

Jerry in Tampa