There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Just ......whatever.....

1. What is wrong with blogger; again? I started reading blogs and could leave comments on maybe 4 blogs. I don't turn the computer on for a few days and look what happens. My computer forgets what to do!!!

Second. It is officially spring.

Three. I've not got much to post about.


Guido discovers the ceiling fan....it was turning, he jumped and landed on his fat butt almost crashing on my cheesy power drill! That's Sophie in the window napper.

The first flower of spring.....a dandelion. Flower or weed...it's all in the eye!!!!!

Since we still have snow on the ground and it is around 35 in the morning....we thought we would start one of those indoor-pot-garden-transplant-thingies. We have a few sprouts and one leafy thing....I say thing because we didn't mark what we put in which pot....could be an onion, a pepper or a tomato.

Guess my thumb is not a kill everything it plants afterall.. Last fall a former neighbor gave me bulbs from a ritzy condo complex where she is the sales person. Seems they didn't like day lilies. I put the bulbs in the ground, the deer messed with them, I thought they were all eaten.....but lookie here. I grew day lilies!!!

Here is the famous...or infamous....mud hole drying up with the wood still in place because that nice man just can't seem to stay outta this area with his slut.

I planted dusty millers in three half circle areas on the east side of the house.....you can't see them, but I spread wildflower seeds there and they are starting to sprout! YEA!!!


The sad, sad garden. The far back fencing is flat on the ground. But, the SNOW IS MELTING FAST!
A fuschia hanging plant and some geraniums....plants don't do well on the west side of the house. I am hoping this year will be different. I also put down wild flower seeds here ....just a few sprouts coming up.


Now for the mess that is called my back. I had an abdominal and pelvic ultra sound yesterday. One part of the pelvic US is horrible, trust me. The results? Fine. I had two x-rays today. The results? Soft tissue issues. Really? Lab work shows my white count up. Really? That is elevated with soft tissue inflammation....like in horrible back spasms, pain and misery that travels around to your belly. While I was in the shower yesterday washing my face a spasm hit and I managed to rip one of my pierced earrings out with the washcloth. Hurts like hell and I think that piercing is dust.

What did the doc say? I might have to tough it out for a while until my back "decides to settle down." I have a prescription for a muscle relaxant that makes me crazy and keeps me awake, so no thank you. I do take anti-inflammatory meds already so I guess I will "tough it out." I'd like my doc to spend a day or two with my back. I felt pretty good Saturday and did the yard stuff....I have been paying for it since.








16 comments:

Sandy said...

Hooray for signs of spring! Take your meds, relax and let the cats entertain you. Hopefully your back problems will be behind you - no pun intended.

kenju said...

So sorry about your back, Rosemary. I know how painful such stuff can be. HOpe you don't have to tough it out too long.

We joined a new health club and I spent 15 minutes in their hot tub and now I am coming down with a bladder infection, I think. It's always something.

Mom said...

the first blooms of spring are always beautiful!
I have had the problem with not being able to comment a lot - mostly on your blog site. It sure is frustrating.
I hate back pain. do hope yours is soon better.

utenzi said...

Guido is frikkin hilarious. I commiserate with you on the subject of back pain. Mine isn't nearly as bad as what you describe but it still gives me some insight into how bad you're hurting.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I've endured those pelvic US before. I totally understand. :-(

Enjoy the greenery and get some rest!

Ex-Shammickite said...

Any good chiroprators near you? Or go for a massage... it could help!
That kitty watching the fan pic is hilarious!

Auld Hat said...

really? because I'd like to jab a screwdriver into your doctors nose and tell him to politely tough it out. but that's just me.

Kimberly Ann said...

Tough it out is hardly helpful. Would ice packs help with the inflammation? What about physical therapy? There has to be something better than Tough it out...

Enjoy the signs of spring.

Jennie said...

I'm glad you have something to smile about...spring growth does do nicely in that department. I don't have back pain, but Stan does...he says walking helps him. I hope your back settles down soon. Could you take lots of pain meds and lounge in your sprouting and blooming garden??? Actually, that sounds pretty good right now...

cs said...

Oh Ro, so sorry you hurt bad...I will pray for your healing and comfort. Gosh, that is the pits. I am home today on another series of meds for the same flippin' cold/flu thing again. But I can't keep taking off school, but shoot, I only had 2 kiddos in my classroom all week--they are all home sick too.
So, you get better as well...think flower power sister...yes I have had blogger probs too.

Chris said...

Yay for the signs of spring! I love the pic of the cat, I love cat's, wish I could cuddle yours.

So sorry about the back pain :(. I hope you heal up quickly. And a big OUCH on the ear thing. I never wore anything but studes when I had babies around. I had great fears of that happening. Maybe after all the healing you can get it repierced(?).

Cazzie!!! said...

Your place looks devine, I wish I lived there too, and your plants are coming along smashingly.
For that back of yours I feel for you...I had two slipped discs in my lower back just prior to myt training ending and I thought I'd never become a nurse any more. I still ahve to be careful an well, I so remember those spasms.
Ouch for your ear too! Damned spasms!

Middle Child said...

Bloody hell what a rant (above) take care with your back... if you can afford it a respected osteopath can work wnders,,, nit a chiropracter... they are bloody useless

Ex-Shammickite said...

Huh hope you read all that CRAP Rosie, what a waste of space..... friend of yours?

How's your back? thinking of you.

Miss Healthypants said...

Back pain is horrible. Did you see a physical therapist? I saw a PT once who was VERY helpful.

I wish you the best!!

Chris said...

Just wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers Day. Hope your back is feeling better!