There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Of grandpa's and uncles

I found a few more (really small) old pictures. The first one is of my grandfather Salvatore Bordonoro! He is the man in the hat. In order to sound more "American" he butchered his last name by cutting the onoro off and adding a vowel and a Y.

The second picture is of my Uncle Pete, my dad's brother. He was a short, bald, portly man when I knew him. He looks pretty jaunty in this picture.



6 comments:

Sandy said...

Salvatore Bordonoro - what a beautifully melodic name! How sad he thought he should change it. Uncle Pete is indeed quite dashing - so is Grandpa. I wonder if men will ever wear hats again.

kenju said...

I swear those photos would be right at home in my boxes of old pics. That second one: the guy appears to be standing in front of my aunt's house in Ohio.....LOL...and she was married to an Italian (my favorite uncle)!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Great pics!

Ex-Shammickite said...

They look like gangsters!

Mom said...

I love the old family pictures. They look a lot like the ones in picture box.

madretz said...

ROTFLOL at what ex-S wrote! Not what i thought at first, but she's funny and now that she mentions it... ;)

And I agree w/ Sandy that it's too bad he felt he had to change his name...what a great name he had!
I take it these pics aren't from California?