There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So, where have I been? To the.....

….the butchers, the baker, the candlestick maker! It has been awhile hasn’t it? Did anyone notice I was gone for a bit? Several dozen posts ago, I said something about not posting every day and I haven’t. Trying to find something to blog about every day began to feel like a chore or a job. I posted some of the most unimportant minutia of my days and I was bored just writing the stuff. SO……..only semi important posts from now on.

I am going to try to not whine and crab about the weather so much this coming winter, not post every picture I take of the cats and continue to look through old pictures and give my blog friends and my children a look at what I was and where I came from. Another factor is blogger itself. There are days when I can’t load pictures, look at blogs at all, leave comments or enlarge pictures. It irritates me beyond words and I just shut the computer off and don’t go back for several days. My intentions are good and time will tell if I follow through, right?

Guess who was here for breakfast Sunday? We were coming back home after running errands and a young bull moose was licking away at the salt lick south of the house. He ignored us for about 5 minutes and then I think the flash of Myron started to annoy him as you can see in the third picture. I stopped taking pictures and we just watched him for awhile. He eventually mooseyed up the path and nibbled on greens along the way. I have a healthy fear of these animals. When we first moved full time to Idaho I was far out on the south trail looking at the ground flowers. I had Charlie my faithful protector with me. I managed to walk up nose to nose with a baby moose and Momma was right behind her. Momma moved towards me, Charlie took off back to the house running faster than I ever saw him run and I followed (this was 9 years ago when I could still run). The Momma trotted right along behind me all the way to the house....if she had wanted me she would have gotten me. Since then, I stay a safe distance away from moose and watch all around when I am walking in the forest.

See the little buds on his forehead?



Here is a group picture of the "family" at Stephanie's graduation. We are so proud of her. See all the decoration around her neck? Honors; yup that's our girl, an honor graduate!

11 comments:

jan said...

Nothing is ever boring in Idaho. I've missed you. Chase by a moose mama is certainly more exciting than anything that happens to me.

CRAIG & DIANE said...

Glad to see you back posting again. Word on the street is that our little park model house is on it's way from Arizonia. Hopefully by the end of the month we will take possession!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Well, I love the pics of the snow and the cats and the family. It's nice to see other parts of the world and other people.

madretz said...

What a beautiful family photo! you all look so happy and proud!
And whoa...i'd keep a healthy distance from those animals, too. We saw 2 big bull moose in Alaska last year and they are massive! Glad to see you posting, do it you way baby!!

cs said...

Hi Ro,
Glad you are back..I was AKA for awhile myself. I have a dear friend visiting from So. Cal and it is so nice to show her the beauty God has given us up here. One day we must meet at the Pi House for a meet and greet lunch in your neck of the woods.I might take my friend up there tomorrow. There is so much to show her and things to do and not near enough time. Of course she has fallen in love with it up here and marvel and moose and other critters...enjoy the day blogger bud.

Kimberly Ann said...

Glad you are back posting! It isn't a job, but you do have those who really like stopping by to see what is happening in your corner of Idaho.

Mom said...

Welcome home. We have all missed you.
Cute moose, but I would stay away too.
Beautiful family!

Jennie said...

I missed you. What a cute moose. I coveted your snow and your cats.

kenju said...

I've missed you!! I don't care if you post about the snow and your cats - I like that!

more cowbell said...

Well I've been well absent myself -- it happens, shit happens, and the rest.

Loved loved loved the moose pics! And my most sincere congrats and good wishes to Stephanie -- go girl, good for her.

Middle Child said...

Lovely family - what a big crew you are. Knowing my almost terror of all things horse/cow moose sized I think I would have beaten Charlie back home 0 yet I can face down poisonus snakes...