There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Days like today......

.....that are wonderful, make all of the bad days tolerable. I had lunch today with cs of Pitted Windshields and Gina of Eclectic Defined. CS drove at least 60 miles to come up to our little town to meet us for lunch. CS? Beautiful; young Elizabeth Taylor beautiful. She is funny, animated, has the warmest smile and best of all she is just nice and now she is my friend.

I was worried I would see on her face, Damn, she is a really old lady. But, guess what she said as soon as we sat down? You're just beautiful........exactly what I was thinking about her!!

The three of us talked and talked and then talked some more, and there wasn't one lull in the conversation. We all share having lived in California at one time or another, loving Idaho in the good weather, being burned out on a job, having a wonderful time blogging and making new friends and really feeling happy we met for lunch. We will do it again, but I will do the 60 mile drive AND CS, I WILL PAY FOR LUNCH.

Gina is.......well, Gina; gorgeous, full of life and wonderful stories....and of course we are both Italian.

I am sure by now it is obvious that I am not the most social butterfly in the air. I get nervous in situations like this...meeting new people and worrying if I look OK and sound like I have a few brain cells still firing. This was easy because these two women are just simply wonderful. Thank you girls for a lovely day.

After lunch I had to drive to the big city of Coeur d Alene. The pulmonary lab where I now have to be tested yearly had an opening at 2:30 and rather than wait until my scheduled appointment in late August, I took this appointment. My lungs are unchanged, the test is not fun and I did it with roast beef sandwich, veggie soup and lemon meringue pie breath.

See CS? Beautiful.
See Gina? Gorgeous.

10 comments:

Sling said...

Meeting blog pals is like Christmas in July!!
The only downside,is missing them when they aren't around.

Middle Child said...

I can't imagine what it wouold be like - there would be that "fear" the olde worlde buit and all of that but when I think about the past 18 months - I am darn sure I wuld have gone crazy without you lot - good to see you getting together - maybe one day we will RULE THE WORLD.

kenju said...

I'm so happy for you, Rosemary! Isn't meeting new bloggers just the best? Now why isn't there a photo of you?

gina said...

Okay, that picture of me is just HORRIBLE!!! Aaarrggghhhh! I know I was giving you the evil eye, but YUCK!!!!! CS, on the other hand, looks AMAZING, just like she did in real life!

cs said...

OH GINA! You should be in the movies! You're a doll. And Ro! I just love you...you are even better in person. Can't wait to see you again.
Glad you had that check up early. Get it done before the kids arrive next week. I had my old -lady skin check--just wrinkles and ag spots--nothing to worry about she said--in a and out in 10 minutes. :^)

Hugs to you all

Evil Twin's Wife said...

It sounds like such a fun time! I've met several "new to me" blog friends and hope to meet more in the future. It's always a fun time!

Jennie said...

Oh, how fun! Glad you all had a good time! I can hear all the chatting now...

Ex-Shammickite said...

You guys ROCK!
What a neat thing to do, organise a bloggermeet for lunch.
OK Rosie, when are we gonna meet...? Are you gonna be in Canada any time soon? Or do we meet halfway?

more cowbell said...

Fun! Were there cute waiters?

Lorraine said...

What Sling said. Meeting blog buddies for real is just the bestest thing.