There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lots of things....

.......accomplished this weekend. Remember the bathroom faucet that broke in April? Fixed in July!

Steve under the sink....good thing you can't hear him.

Out with the old faucet......kinda French-brass-too-much working or broken.
In with the new white-faucet-Steve-doesn't-like-because-it-doesn't-match-something-he-can't-name. Too bad.
We put up wainscoting at the top of the stairs. Took me 4 days to stain and get the varathane or urethane, I can't remember which it is, finish on the stuff. The wallpaper on the bottom of that wall looked awful.
We finished the far east wall with the wood border. I love it.
Close up of the stamping on the wood.


Name the kitties....they all looked the same at the time I took the picture....Fuzz in the front, Emma Lee next and then Guido Fortunato on the window napper.



Emma Lee in her window condo. She will stay up there for hours.

What you won't see a picture of......dear, sweet Kimberly Ann of Nostalgic Homemaking posted a peach coffee cake recipe link just for me! I had confessed to making coffee cake pretty much every time I read her blog, making said coffee cakes while Steve was on the road and eating the same coffee cakes all by myself. I even lied once about eating the damn things when there were two pieces left over and Steve asked if I had eaten the rest. Who Me??? So, I went to the market to get the ingredients...some of them were pretty exotic like almond extract, baking powder, flour and sour cream. I carefully followed the directions and got Myron ready for the oven removal drama shot. Well, it didn't bake right. It was soupy in the middle and so I baked it longer and it turned out still soupy and burned around the edges....and then there was the nut topping. I failed at coffee cake making beyond stupid Bis*uic%, sugar and milk. Sniff.
The kids will be here Thursday so this will be my last post for a while. We went to WallyWonderWorld last night and got the necessities for having grandchildren visit.....a wading pool, life vests to wear to the beach and fishing with Papa, pizza snacks, hot pockets, cookies, juicy juice, kool aid drinks....you know the regular stuff for special kids. We also got a $7.00/bag of coffee for my son...Steve's choice not mine. Steve wanted to get a bunch of other food things but I put the lid on some of those. We can always food spoil them while they are here. See you in a few.......


22 comments:

Lorraine said...

I lova lova lova the wainscotting! Looks fab, Rosie. The picture of Steve under the sink cracked me up...I have similar shots of The Spouse and I know EXACTLY what he was saying!

jan said...

I really love your home improvements and your unpaid help to get them finished.

Have fun with grandchildren. I have one of mine now and she is so much fun.

madretz said...

Yea, me too! I love the wainscoting! The stamped wood is gorgeous. I also love that kitty quilt at the top of the stairs.
Have a great time w/ the family. Ours is coming to the hideaway next week. Doing a Costco run on Friday before we head up on Saturday.

Barb said...

Rosemary, your house looks great as usual. You work way too hard but the results are fantastic. Love the wainscoating. Big improvement from the wallpaper. Are you ever going to stop doing improvements on that house? Thanks for the info on the swallows.

Have fun with the kids. Don't let Stevie eat the bunch of snacks you got for them. LOL.

Kitties all look the same. I can't believe the one gets up on the kitchen window. Cute!

cs said...

Fabulous w-coating. Have fun fun fun with your darlings. Get lots of pix to share with us.

And those kitties--did you cut and paste? They look identical! Adorable...I thought I heard Steve the other day....I plugged my ears. HHM does the same thing too....snicker snicker....
post when you can

Joan said...

I absolutely love the wainscoting. I don't suppose you rent out your "handyman"...or do you?!?!? ;~)

Have a wonderful time with the kids and enjoy every minute.

yellowdog granny said...

wow, it all looks so nice..the white faucet looks like the dough boy taking a dive..

yellowdog granny said...

ps, i know for a fact that it's impossible to do any sort of plumbing work and not swear...but then i swear if im putting on my socks..

kenju said...

Love all the things you've done, and the stamping on the wood is great. Have a good time with the kiddies.

Kimberly Ann said...

Oh I am so sorry that the recipe was a bust. I found it on a forum that I usually trust so I didn't try it out first - my bad. But put those ingredients to good use on a coffee cake of your own devising, will ya? Otherwise, I'll have to send you a bumb recipe refund!

Speaking of that, if you email me your address (I'm not a stalker, promise), I have a little something to send to you.

:-)

more cowbell said...

ohgod, you've reminded me of all the many many projects needing done at this house... Denial! Avoidance! Denial!

Also, personally, I love Bisquick.

Sling said...

Great job on the wainscoat!
There are a ton of words in the plumber's handbook that one needs to commit to memory.
Fortunately,they mostly consist of just four letters.

Middle Child said...

Tell Syeve for me that he can park those lovely legs under my sink whenever he likes okay!

Chris said...

Have fun with your littles. It sounds like they will be sufficiatly spoiled!

Your house looks great. I like the white faucet too.

Always love the pics of your kitties. I love cats but can't have one :(.

Chandler said...

The stamping on that wood is really neat, I agree. I'm sorry about your coffee cake incident. I've never tried to make coffee cake myself so the difficulty level eludes me. Have fun with the kids/grandkids :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Before we went out of town, I bought a bunch of snackie type things to take on the road. Most were half eaten before we got started! LOL. Have fun with the fam!

jp said...

I love the wainscotting, but have to agree with Steve on the faucet.

Sorry. But you suggested it.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh my gosh i can't believe it has been such a long time since i have come to visit here, so sorry. anyway i love the home improvements a lot, guess we have been doing a lot of that around here as well getting ready for the summer tourist NOT
I do love that picked fence on the wall and i love wainscoting I am thinking that i want to do some in the house, have some in the rooms sure makes things look nice.Altho i like the white better
Have fun with the kids

Middle Child said...

Whats "wainscoting"? I admit my ignorance

Cazzie!!! said...

Hate to say it, but it looks like the cats did alot of hard work too, LOL..great to see things coming along :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Hate to say it, but it looks like the cats did alot of hard work too, LOL..great to see things coming along :)

Sandy said...

I need to share that picture of Steve with DH - it's great! And sorry, having heard it before I know exactly what he's saying. Re the wainscoting - are you available for hire?