There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy, happy my sweet little girl.

Another year, another birthday for my sweet girl. Yesterday was her birthday.

She went to work, she had a quiet day, she celebrated at home. She will be here the 30th for a long weekend visit and we will celebrate then with sushi and a few fun filled days. I won't update her age because....well, she is actually 39 again.

I love you Christine Marie. I posted this last year....she has only grown more beautiful, more special.


My daughter is 45 today. I debated about putting her age in this post. But, as I was thinking about what I wanted to say about her I was struck by the fact that she is one of the most self confident, comfortable with herself, beautiful and charming women I have ever known....so I don't think she will care.

Of course she was an adorable baby. Of course she was a darling toddler. Of course she grew into a beautiful teenager and as you can see and I will tell you, she is now all of that beauty plus intelligent, humorous, tolerant, giving, loving and just a perfect daughter. I love this child beyond any words I have now or ever will have.

All of my children grew up in a home filled with dysfunction. All of my children lacked a mother protector, but Christine suffered the most because of it. She has overcome some of life's most difficult issues and come out a self made winner. She has accomplished in her short 45 years what others will never see or do. She is a survivor. I am amazed by her every day. She is the wife and mother I should have been.

That she loves me is one of the four blessings in my life.

Here she is in high school....naturally curly hair and glasses. In the next picture, as she is today.
After one of her multi-yearly walks for breast cancer. She has raised close to 5 figures for this cause.
She gave me my first grandchild....Christopher.
She is a wonderful wife to Todd who would tell you in a flash she has made him a better man. She has supported my grandson Tyler in every way and it shows in his accomplishments.

And......see this dog? Lucy. Chris has 3 Boston Terriers. Steve calls them the ugliest dogs he has ever seen. Chris loves this dog like her child. Over the years she has rescued several dogs and has an open door policy for all of the neighborhood dogs.


Happy, happy birthday my sweet girl.

15 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I hope she has a great day!

Mom said...

Happy birthday to a beautiful woman!

My daughter will be 45 this Wednesday. We have much in common.

jan said...

What a beautiful tribute. You must have been a better mother than you describe yourself to have such a great daughter.

kenju said...

Happy Birthday to Chris! She's pretty, Rosemary, and I like the photo of the three of them together.

sageweb said...

You must have been a decent mother to produce such a wonderful daughter.

Happy Birthday to her!

Miss Healthypants said...

Happy Birthday to your "baby"! *smiles*

Chris said...

Happy Birthday to your Christine from another Christine, whose birthday is just a day apart from hers. Such a nice tribute to her, she sounds like such a lovely person.



PS I sent you an e mail.

madretz said...

You make me smile with the love you have for your children.

Happy birthday to your wonderful daughter!

Speck said...

Happy Birthday to Christine, and congratulations to her mom!

Sling said...

I've said it before,or if I didn't,I should have.
Chris is a hottie!
Happy birthday!!

Maria said...

I think that Boston Terriers are very good looking. I have a Scottish Terrier and have always loved any kind of terrier. They are just superlative animals...

And happy birthday to your lovely daughter. Many happy returns of the day.

Chris said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter...from another
Christine Marie who was born
on the 20th of October. I am
a wee bit younger though.

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

as beautiful as her mom...

more cowbell said...

I bet it means a lot to her that you're so proud of her...

Miss Healthypants said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Christine! :)