There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Saturday, October 25, 2008

Some questions....

Here I go again asking those questions that roll through my head at night when I can't sleep because my nose and chest are snotty and by asking these in a blog post it cements the fact that I am a bit weird.....but.....

If the Indians were still around, how far would they have migrated from Idaho by now to miss winter? Would they have gone to Seattle? Do you think there are still Ishi's living in American forests somewhere? Could be.....like in the forest where that bomber lived for years.

What happened to Janet Reno?

Can you imagine what GWB's Library will look like? Will it be filled with bad press reports? Comic books? Saddles and boots? Dog pictures?

I wish I could meet the Dalai Lama. I don't know what I would say to him but I think just sharing air with him would be good. How could I make this happen? I mentioned this before...must be important.

Why can't stupid spell check catch the i and make it I. Why can't it check syntax? Why can't it fix there and their, fare and fair, tale and tail, etc.? Do people still own paper dictionaries like me?

Does anyone else remember Veronica Lake, Ava Gardner, Stewart Granger, Montgomery Clift, Robert Mitchum, Ann Blythe, Deanna Durbin, Jane Powell, Doris Day, paper dolls, using cigar boxes as a kid to hold special treasures like a candy wrapper, being safe on a bus if you are under 10, not having a TV? Am I the oldest blogger out there?

What the hell happened to my body at 50, 55, 60? I watched it every day and then all of a sudden....messed up.

Am I the only person who thinks Grammar School Reunions are a bit .....what ever the word is? I have a whole post ready on that one....coming soon.

Can I handle another dog/puppy? I really want another Charlie....and I would name him Charlie Two. I have a picture of a puppy doggie named Bosco and I know Charlie looked just like him as a puppy.......I miss Charlie every day.

I wonder if Jackson Browne would remember me....that is a dream not a real question....a fantasy actually.

Why can't I cook or garden? This is a failure in Idaho. I don't like doing either one of those tasks...maybe that's the key....tasks.

Does it mean that my cats love me when they sleep in my lap, lick my arm and snuggle against my feet at night?

Again....and the last question...anyone know if there is an afterlife and does it have a Del Taco? I know this sounds irreverent and I'm sorry....but, I wonder about death and an afterlife, if I will be able to watch my grandchildren grow from out there and if I die first can I still let Steve know how much I love him. Anyone heard from a passed away family member?

12 comments:

kenju said...

To properly answer this, I'd need to write a Word document.....LOL

Yes, I remember all those actors, except Deanna Durbin was before my time. I'd like to meet the Dalai Lama too. GWB's library will have comic books and "Marley and Me" (which is good). Your cats adore you! There is an afterlife, but I think it will have Bojangle's biscuits instead of Del Taco....LOL, Don't biscuits say LOVE better than tacos???

jan said...

I remember those things. It used to annoy me when old people talked about the good old days. But they sure seem like better times to me.

Barb said...

If I ever hear from John you will be the first to know. I do believe in an afterlife. Just don't know how it works. No one does.

Did you figure out why your e-mail doesn't like me?

Going to the orthopedic dr again Monday to see how my foot is healing.

yellowdog granny said...

janet reno is retired and does democratic appearances every once in a while and is working on accumlating some old songs for an album..(I googled)
I remember them all even deanna durbin..i'd like to meat the dahli lama too...i have a picture of him and willie nelson leaning on each other just laughing their asses off..
spell check gives you a false impression that you did ok, even when you misspelled their for there..
if there is an afterlife i hope my animals are all there. plus i hope it has dublin dr pepper and blue bell ice cream. i never use capital letters unless im pissed..

madretz said...

Del Taco was our main source of 'nourishment' in college. When we moved to the Bay Area, we looked all over, to our huge disappointment, we couldn't find one, so whenever we went to S. California, it was on our list of must-eats. We moved to San Jose about 5 years ago. There's a Del Taco 3 miles away. It's been here all this time and within a 25 minute drive from where we used to live. Believe it or not, we only eat there about 4x a year.

Do you remember Naugles?

Mom said...

I remember them all. I am a year older than you. I kept my paper dolls in a cigar box. Our bodies start doing bad things to us. I am a very young person trapped in the body of an arthritic old woman. Of course you can handle another dog. You have the heart to love all animals. There is an afterlife. I'm not sure of the details but I know heaven is a wonderful place. I think we will have this huge family reunion by the shores of the river of of life. There will be laughter and music and the light of God's love will surround us. It's going to be good.

Jennie said...

I have an unabridged giant dictionary and I use it. My family always went to the dictionary over dinner discussions. That may be a book missing from GWB's library.

I don't know about Del Taco, but it'd be nice if Benicio Del Toro shows up in heaven.

Why can't you cook or garden - that's really random if you think about it. I'm sure there are a hundred other things you're blessed with, so maybe just concentrate on those while getting take out from del taco!

texasoperastar said...

I would rather meet Deanna Durbin than the Dalai Lama. Deanna is 87 on the 4th of December, and I think she was the greatest singing actress of all time. For those who are interested in old Black & White movies, please check out the largest Deanna Durbin tribute website in the world:

www.deannadurbindevotees.com

Best wishes always,

Alex.

Chris said...

So many questions, I don't know where to start. I love old Doris day and Rock Hudsome movies. I just watched one not too long ago. I don't know who the rest of the actors are. Yes, get another dog! You won't be sorry.

sageweb said...

I saw the Dalai Lama speak once...it was awesome..
I dont have any answers to any of your questions...I wake up wondering a lot of the same things...except the cooking...I don't want to know how to cook.

Middle Child said...

I have a big hardcover paper (thats hard copy to the kiddies) dictionary.

And yes you can let your Steve know you still love him - in dreams. They come in dreams. I know this.

Roy Orbison's song In Dreams is about exactly this, after his wife and little boys were killed...he wrote In Dreams... and it is true.

Miss Healthypants said...

LOL about GWB's library! :)

And I would also LOVE to meet the Dalai Lama--he seems to be such a peaceful, beautiful soul. I would also love to meet Dr. Wayne Dyer--have you ever read his books? I really liked "The Power of Inspiration."

And yes, it means your cats love you when they sleep in your lap, lick your arm and snuggle against your feet at night? Of course cats can feel love! :)

And I sure hope that the afterlife contains a Del Taco!--not to mention many wonderful Chinese buffets! *grin*

My good friend Diane and I have this deal that if one of us dies, we will try really hard to contact the other, so we can reassure the still-living one about the afterlife.

Iwanski did have a very fascinating dream after his father died, where his Dad was a very happy squirrel (he could barely walk when he was alive) who told him that he was okay, and that everything was going to be okay.

I really believe that was a message from his Dad.