There's rosemary, that's for remembrance.
William Shakespeare: Hamlet, Prince of Denmark



Wednesday, November 05, 2008

We are all......

......walking in the footsteps of history.

Steve and I were talking about those special moments in our lives, wonderful and heartbreaking, that will go down in history. We saw John F. Kennedy assassinated. We saw man walk on the moon. We watched as New York was hit by terrorists. We saw America become a place where dreams really can come true.

We have had extraordinary Presidents throughout history. We have had probably the worst President in history these last 8 years. And while Barak Obama has yet to prove himself, I think America came into the 21st Century yesterday and showed the world in Obama's words.....YES WE CAN!

Now, if California (and the rest of the US) could just get its act together and give every citizen of that state equal rights then maybe.....just maybe everything could be right in our World.

I also think:
Hershey's Cherry Cordials should be added to the pyramid of food.

Vacuums should become the US Official Machine.

Violet should be the National Scent.

Stamps should be free.

7 comments:

utenzi said...

Here's one nasty personal tidbit about me, Rosemary: I very nearly can't eat Hershey Cherry Cordials. I'm bringing in bag after bag to work for others in my lab to eat. I bought so many bags on clearance last post-Christmas that I became sensitized to the lovely things while eating them. I ate around 20 pounds before it happened, but it was a horrible event. I still have something like 10 bags left too. Dammit.

I don't think George W is the worst US President but he surely is in the bottom 4 or 5. Obama, on the other hand, could be one of the great presidents--he's got the capability but only time will tell.

Jennie said...

Look, you got your wish with the Obama thing, but I will go back to practicing nutrition and see that you're stopped if you try to get this food pyramid thing passed. Enough is enough!

Still haven't had one...

Miss Healthypants said...

Boy, you really love those cherry cordials, don't you?? LOL! :)

I am sooo excited about Obama and sooo sad about Prop 8.

Miss Healthypants said...

P.S. Iwanski and I were lucky enough to have tickets to last night's Obama event. We heard him speak live--it was just incredible!!!! :)

sageweb said...

Oh I bet being in Idaho is weird. Are people freaking out? THey are very joyous here, but we are a blue state. I really need to try the cherry cordials.

yellowdog granny said...

im still grinning...and giggling like a 9 year old...

madretz said...

I can't believe that Prop 8 passed in CA. I'm shocked and very disappointed. I'm very happy that prop 2 passed, but I can't help but wonder how my state cares more about animal rights than humans rights?